Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
our problem is in midfield and that is on the club. we need midfield controllers and have for years.

casemiro has been out for too many matches. eriksen is a big loss. sabitzer is a no-buy.

newcastle just running through open midfield all day :picard:

spurs could push us down to 5th.
lol, after this weekend Spurs would have played 2 more games than yall and Newcastle, yall aint gotta be worried about them

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Love a former Arsenal product getting over on United. Isak showed United how a man up front really plays.

Ain't no way in hell you coulda told me Newcastle would (likely) be in the Champions League. And they HAVENT EVEN SPENT MONEY LIKE THAT YET :damn:

Depending on form, it's possible for Arsenal to win the League and Spurs to drop out of Europe entirely. (6 points between them and Brighton and they play each other next week on two days less rest.)

The race is nuts all over. Arsenal/City for the title, United/Newcastle/Spurs for the UCL spots, like 7 teams trying not to get relegated.

What a season, friends. :wow:

Daps
Lol, I enjoy their coverage. Rebecca, the Robbies, and Tim Howard are fun. Plus for now, they are bigging up Arsenal to win the league.
They still don't entirely trust their American viewership, though. They do American-style hype like "this is a revenge game" every once in awhile.

I'm like, I got up at six in the morning to watch football, you don't have to talk to me like that. But I guess they're talking to Americans who have just stumbled onto the PL when they do that sort of thing.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
lol, after this weekend Spurs would have played 2 more games than yall and Newcastle, yall aint gotta be worried about them

brentford up next. a tough run of fixtures and then head-to-head against spurs ... in this form we could be out of both cups and in 5th in a few weeks.

fixtures.png

i just heard a stat that we have won 12 points in 9 games/27 points.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
They still don't entirely trust their American viewership, though. They do American-style hype like "this is a revenge game" every once in awhile.

I'm like, I got up at six in the morning to watch football, you don't have to talk to me like that. But I guess they're talking to Americans who have just stumbled onto the PL when they do that sort of thing.

There's still A LOT of uninitiated watchers in America. There's a lot of story lines in the PL that are understood, or are moot points to those who follow the game.
I don't think its about trust per se, just a difference in style. There's an American (sports) journalism school of thought that says you should "assume much of the audience is watching for the first time ever".

Its a country of 300+ million people and most of them aren't soccer fans.