Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Tella got a hattick for Burnley. Breh is 23 going on 24 in 4 months. He still has hopes of a England call up it seems. :snoop: @Ukbrotha @Roberto Firmino @phcitywarrior

Osimhen should've taken the pen for his hatty as well. :beli:

It's a story we know all too well. Dual national with hopes of playing for England when they're hot and U-23. Get to 25/26 and see their chances diminish then pledge SE. Lookman did the same and I think Ola Aina did as well.

Vic good to go most importantly :blessed:

No Ola :why:

Only 4 midfielders again :snoop:

Musa :pachaha:

Bro, the less that we talk about this call up the better. Frustrating is an understatement. Our recruitment is abysmal. Tomori hurts me badly because he would have been our star defender for years, but easily the biggest miss was David Alaba man. Getting someone like him would have helped recruit other top players.

Musa has no business in this squad. I'd rather see some younger lads like Boniface. Midfield needs at least 2 more folks. TF is this Daniel Bameyi kid, Yum Yum FC defender that someone is trying to get exposure so they can sell to some Cyprus or Turkish squad for $500K :francis:

I heard Jose P was out there trying to get Balogun to declare for the Super Eagles :what:

Yea I know Folarin having a breakout season but we got Osimhen, Moffi, and Paul to hold it down. My bro, go get Eberechi Eze to commit. This next cycle isn't anything to play with. AFCON in Jan'24 and Jul'25 then WC in Jul'26. To me, we should be taking 1 of those 2 AFCONs and making SF in the other. Then it's qualifying for the WC and with a target of at least getting to the QF given the expanded format.

An aside: Seems like Belgium is a good stepping stone for Naija players. Some of our upcoming players and more established players play in/cut their teeth there: Dennis (Brugge), Onuachu (Genk), Osimhen (Charleroi), Onyedika (Brugge), Orban (Gent), Sor (Genk), Abdulrazak (Anderlecht), Boniface (USG).
Musa?! In 2023 the year of the goat? Damn we need some midfielders and defenders. We're so top heavy with talent.

It's quite easy to tell NFF is still picking the squad. Musa has had no business being in this squad since the last AFCON tbh.

TF is Daniel Bameyi doing in that squad? A 17 yr old defender that plays for Yum Yum FC. Abeg just google 'Yum Yum FC'. It's easy to see Jose P is just a Brazilian yes man. One thing I'll say is Rohr was very good at recruiting dual nationals. I still say this but our priority should be getting Eze to flip. I don't see him getting into England anytime soon but he'd do wonders for our midfield. That Carney Chukwuemeka is an interesting one as well but he's young.

Side Note: I'd actually like Osimhen to stay one more year at Napoli without signing a new contract (barring they don't win UCL). I think they'll be able to hold on to most of the key squad this summer (Kim, Kvara, Anguissa, Lobotka, Di Lorenzo). This is the first season where he's been generally injury-free and he's shown his potential. I think he could use another year of seasoning before jumping to EPL. I he leaves this season ADL ain't taking less than $130M.

Personally, I'd rather he doesn't have that price tag on his head. If he doesn't hit 20 goals in his first season they'll be calling him a flop. He leaves next year with 1 yr on his contract and I think he goes for closer to $90M. The issue was always his $75M transfer from Lille to Napoli. ADL gonna want to recoup that outlay.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
68797189-11870045-image-m-62_1679003910216.jpg

Someone get her a season ticket. She’s obviously a bad omen for Arsenal. :mjgrin: