Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Doubt United rumor is true but Cristiano got him out there quickly :russ:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I always thought the US would give Tab Ramos a shot to manage the national team.
Was a major figure of US soccer in the 90s, and he's put in years of work with the youth squads.
Oh well.

:manny:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
I always thought the US would give Tab Ramos a shot to manage the national team.
Was a major figure of US soccer in the 90s, and he's put in years of work with the youth squads.
Oh well.

:manny:

Crossed my mind also. He coached some of the USMNT players when they were younger. But he doesn't have the best record or W/L as a coach so maybe that plays a factor. Still did good coaching the U20's so maybe he's more of an international coach than an everyday coach.

Could see Josh Wolff getting a shot down the line.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Tbh, I wouldn’t mind Aboubakar in loan for like 6 months. Barring injury, he’s a great striker and good professional.

When fully fit he’s better than Igahlo :yeshrug:

Morocco may have started a movement.
For dual nationality Africans, outside of FA fukkery, the two main drawbacks for declaring for an African nation are

1. Qualification
2. Performance

With 9 slots for 2026, you’d expect all the big nations to qualify with a few newcomers every now and then (Mali, Burkina Faso)

And Morocoo has shown that yes, African teams can perform at the highest stage. Nketiah looking at Ayew miss that PK for Ghana like :francis: