Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Brehs I don’t want to get ahead of myself but I made the decision that if we win the league I’m coming to the ends to celebrate with the mandem. Would any of y’all be able to soft host a fellow Gunner around London??

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
100m for Nunez, 60m for Diaz and 40m for Gakpo ... Klopp really needs more help :mjgrin:

Also they have 2021 Team of the Season midfielder Thiago, remember last year when everyone was trying to shoehorn him into top PL players list :mjlol: I felt like I was in the twilight zone.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Just read Saka and Saliba are one booking away from triggering a one match ban.

The annoying thing is, those bans used to be able to be served in domestic competitions too, I.e. if you get a ban and the FA Cup/League Cup fixture is next, those games would count towards serving ban. That’s apparently changed now. Only red card suspensions carry over all domestic competitions.

So if either is booked today, they’ll miss the Tottenham game. But if they avoid getting booked now but get booked in the Tottenham game, they’ll be missing for United.

It’s a shame Arteta can’t employ the Jose dark arts and get intentional bookings to work in our favor.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Great strikers have had terrible starts in the past but I am not seeing the promise in Nunez

I dont know, he still seems quite dangerous. I see him making really good runs and being a handful for defenders. He's big and strong with really good pace. technique is average but it seems like he just needs to settle down and he'll be a good striker. probably not world class but definitely just a level below that. He's still only 23 so I wouldnt worry too much about him if I were a Liverpool fan. The timing is not great because Liverpool overall are not as good as they were.

Also read he's hit the post more than anyone else in the league so far.

Last edited:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
I dont know, he still seems quite dangerous. I see him making really good runs and being a handful for defenders. He's big and strong with really good pace. technique is average but it seems like he just needs to settle down and he'll be a good striker. probably not world class but definitely just a level below that. He's still only 23 so I wouldnt worry too much about him if I were a Liverpool fan. The timing is not great because Liverpool overall are not as good as they were.
He is, he’s had a good if not spectacular return from his start so far.

Not that he hasn’t scored cause he’s 1 in 2 atm but the goals are gonna come and the floodgates will open, his underlying numbers are absolutely ridiculous. Part of why these misses are so glaring is because he’s getting so many chances which he’s creating himself, it’s simply unsustainable that he continues to get all these chances and more don’t go in, either he falls off or shyt averages out and more start going in and I know what I’m betting on :manny:

Is he a top technician no he’s not but he’s not poor either like some make out and I’ve been pleasantly surprised with his all round game, some of the balls I’ve seen him play I didn’t think he had in his locker :wow:

He’s unlucky in that he’s came in the same window as Haaland who is a freak of nature, on paper he’s cost less word to @Yayo Toure but we all know he hasn’t :mjpls: and like you say he’s come into a team that is dysfunctional af right now :wow:

I don’t know how anyone can see what a handful he is for defenders game in game out and think he won’t be a monster. He will settle, the team will settle and a lot of nikkas finna have egg on their faces :umad:

His season so far has reminded me of Luisito’s first season with us, the amount of times he hit the woodwork or dragged shots wide then he settled and we saw how he exploded. I’m supremely confident that he will have multiple seasons approaching 30 in the league and 50 in all comps :ahh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Just read Saka and Saliba are one booking away from triggering a one match ban.

The annoying thing is, those bans used to be able to be served in domestic competitions too, I.e. if you get a ban and the FA Cup/League Cup fixture is next, those games would count towards serving ban. That’s apparently changed now. Only red card suspensions carry over all domestic competitions.

So if either is booked today, they’ll miss the Tottenham game. But if they avoid getting booked now but get booked in the Tottenham game, they’ll be missing for United.

It’s a shame Arteta can’t employ the Jose dark arts and get intentional bookings to work in our favor.

and we have a tough slate of games coming up

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
He is, he’s had a good if not spectacular return from his start so far.

Not that he hasn’t scored cause he’s 1 in 2 atm but the goals are gonna come and the floodgates will open, his underlying numbers are absolutely ridiculous. Part of why these misses are so glaring is because he’s getting so many chances which he’s creating himself, it’s simply unsustainable that he continues to get all these chances and more don’t go in, either he falls off or shyt averages out and more start going in and I know what I’m betting on :manny:

Is he a top technician no he’s not but he’s not poor either like some make out and I’ve been pleasantly surprised with his all round game, some of the balls I’ve seen him play I didn’t think he had in his locker :wow:

He’s unlucky in that he’s came in the same window as Haaland who is a freak of nature, on paper he’s cost less word to @Yayo Toure but we all know he hasn’t :mjpls: and like you say he’s come into a team that is dysfunctional af right now :wow:

I don’t know how anyone can see what a handful he is for defenders game in game out and think he won’t be a monster. He will settle, the team will settle and a lot of nikkas finna have egg on their faces :umad:

His season so far has reminded me of Luisito’s first season with us, the amount of times he hit the woodwork or dragged shots wide then he settled and we saw how he exploded. I’m supremely confident that he will have multiple seasons approaching 30 in the league and 50 in all comps :ahh:

One of the best indicators is that he's proving to be virtually unmarkable. He's played plenty of different teams and I have yet to see him being pocketed or anonymous. Multiple big chances every game.. Many strikers can't do that

But then the tekkers :patrice:. I need to re-watch the Benfica/Pool games from the CL... I don't remember his technical ability being that bad

I oscillate between potential world class and Uruguayan Lukaku

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
glasses-off-hold-up.gif

giphy.gif

I’m all about positivity in 2023. You’ll never see me disparage a player again…

At least until next week :mjgrin:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
One of the best indicators is that he's proving to be virtually unmarkable. He's played plenty of different teams and I have yet to see him being pocketed or anonymous. Multiple big chances every game.. Many strikers can't do that

But then the tekkers :patrice:. I need to re-watch the Benfica/Pool games from the CL... I don't remember his technical ability being that bad

I oscillate between potential world class and Uruguayan Lukaku
He tortured us over the 2 legs :picard:

He’s not Bobby F Baby Please say the baby but he’s not a poor technician by any means :yeshrug:

There’s not a single game he’s played for us when he’s not been a handful all game, he never lets his head go down, he’s unplayable to the point it’s comical :pachaha: I guarantee there’s not a defender he’s played against that’s not walked away thinking this nikka a problem, if he carries on the same way he has and there’s nothing to show he won’t he will score buckets :banderas:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps