Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Today's Brazilians aren't yesterday's Brazilians my boy is going out so sad

Breh, if we’re keeping it real, in Brazilian superstar terms, Neymar has outdone hisself. Who’s the last Brazilian king to play at the best of his abilities after 30 years old?

R9 was hopping around the 2002 World Cup with a fukked up knee, he was only 26.

Kaka was done shortly after turning 28.

Pep shipped Ronaldinho out of camp nou when he was just 28.
Am I missing anyone else?

What Neymar is even doing this season might be a minor miracle

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Breh, if we’re keeping it real, in Brazilian superstar terms, Neymar has outdone hisself. Who’s the last Brazilian king to play at the best of his abilities after 30 years old?

won world cup.
teams barca/milan

one of the greatest ever
everlast at AC Milan

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps

Agreed, 30 and still kicking on the big stage as a Brazilian is amazing. I dead ass used to think he was the closest player to Messi/Ronaldo. But his legacy isn't saying much tbh. His greatest accomplishments were at barca you know.

But generally speaking that generation produced hella stars other than neymar who's big and bad like Kaka, R9, Dinho?

Vini? rodrygo? Paqueta? Anthony or raphinha? Where is bum ass Coutinho lol.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
United brehs, its crazy how PSV charged Liverpool only 37m sterling but they were pricing us much higher :francis:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Was Rivaldo viewed as THAT guy at any point? :patrice:

yes he was. just was behind R9 is all.

1999 balloon d' or winner

Rivaldo.jpg

how many brazilians are ahead of Rivaldo on this (famous) listing

najvmP4.jpg

Correct me if I’m wrong, wasn’t Ronaldo the focal point of 98 and 2002?

Why bring up Cafu? You know the kind of people I’m talking about :comeon:

i don't. you mean position? or party guy? or what?

cafu was an attacker.

"Known for his pace and energetic attacking runs along the right flank, he is regarded as one of the greatest full-backs of all time, one of the best defenders ever to play in Serie A,[4][5][6] and as one of the greatest Brazilian and South American players of his generation.[7][8] He is also the most-capped player for the Brazil national team with 142 appearances."

"Regarded as one of the greatest full-backs of all time, one of the best footballers of his generation, and as one of Brazil's best ever players,[4] Cafu was a dynamic, hard-working, offensive-minded, and energetic right-sided wing-back who is mostly remembered for his great pace, stamina, tactical intelligence, distribution, and technical skills, as well as his ability to make overlapping attacking runs down the right flank and provide accurate crosses to teammates in the area.[28][29][30][31][32]"

"In addition to his footballing ability, he was also known for his discipline, leadership and his characteristically cheerful demeanour.[33][34][35] Although he usually played as an attacking right-back, he was also capable of playing as a centre back, due to his defensive skills, or in more advanced positions, and was often deployed as a right winger. During his time in Italy, he was given the nickname Pendolino, after the country's express trains.[36][37][38][39][40][41]"

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
yes he was. just was behind R9 is all.

1999 balloon d' or winner
Forgot all about that. What I usually remember him for is THAT hat trick for Barcelona.
i don't. you mean position? or party guy? or what?

cafu was an attacker.
But he wasn’t the main man of the team at any point. That’s what I mean