Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps

Here is another article

If it is not true who owns Barcelona then ?
It is not owned by a single person like Chelsea was when Abramovich owned it or like Liverpool where the American company FSG owns it

Daps

Here is another article

If it is not true who owns Barcelona then ?
It is not owned by a single person like Chelsea was when Abramovich owned it or like Liverpool where the American company FSG owns it

Ok so lets say the club cant get out of this current debt, they have lost money dropping out of CL, they dont win La liga, they have huge salary debt and cant offload players for a good return. Who pays to get the club out of trouble? The fans? Nope. They will need financial help in a big way, and that will involve someone coming in and buying the club or becoming a major holder. The fans have a say in the president but they dont stump up cash for anything!

If they struggle and their finances dont improve, expect to see someone come in with a piece of the pie.

Daps
Ok so lets say the club cant get out of this current debt, they have lost money dropping out of CL, they dont win La liga, they have huge salary debt and cant offload players for a good return. Who pays to get the club out of trouble? The fans? Nope. They will need financial help in a big way, and that will involve someone coming in and buying the club or becoming a major holder. The fans have a say in the president but they dont stump up cash for anything!

If they struggle and their finances dont improve, expect to see someone come in with a piece of the pie.
They had no money to start with, and that is why they gambled all their future earnings this year to try and be succesful again

They ended up get loans from i dont know who, lets say some hedge funds company or banks that they were going to pay back once they were succesful again

That didnt happen :lolbron: :mjlol: so i dont know what they do now

In the real world, they would be declared bankrupt or at least gone into administration, and they definitely should be getting points deduction for the mess they are in.
Like the lower league clubs do in England.
In England with the lower leagues they get points deduction which make them drop down the leagues or the worst case get expelled from the leagues so they are no longer a club like Bury FC

But this is Barcelona and Uefa /fifa or whoever we keep letting them get away with it as they are too big of a club to actually punish them properly

From what i read this morning they have to pay 100 million to other clubs for players they have brought who are no longer there and it is due in the next 7 months,so they are royally fukked

Daps
They had no money to start with, and that is why they gambled all their future earnings this year to try and be succesful again

They ended up get loans from i dont know who, lets say some hedge funds company or banks that they were going to pay back once they were succesful again

That didnt happen :lolbron: :mjlol: so i dont know what they do now

In the real world, they would be declared bankrupt or at least gone into administration, and they definitely should be getting points deduction for the mess they are in.
Like the lower league clubs do in England.
In England with the lower leagues they get points deduction which make them drop down the leagues or the worst case get expelled from the leagues so they are no longer a club like Bury FC

But this is Barcelona and Uefa /fifa or whoever we keep letting them get away with it as they are too big of a club to actually punish them properly

From what i read this morning they have to pay 100 million to other clubs for players they have brought who are no longer there and it is due in the next 7 months,so they are royally fukked

Yeah I read the same thing but I thought I read that if this gamble doesn't work then they will need investment externally so therefore the members will have to agree to someone coming in with money to wipe debts and save them somehow if it gets that bad.

Daps
Yeah I read the same thing but I thought I read that if this gamble doesn't work then they will need investment externally so therefore the members will have to agree to someone coming in with money to wipe debts and save them somehow if it gets that bad.
Well this gambled hasnt worked
They were needing to get the at least the quarter finals of the CL and they are out at the group stages again
And they need to win the league aswell which i can not see them doing either

I cant see they would be allowed to borrow again or see a bank/ hedgefund company stupid enough to lend them money again

So maybe that is the only option, sell some of the club to wipe out this debt

I cant see the members being happy about that,
maybe they should start a gofund me campaign to stop them selling half the club :russ:

Daps
Crazy thing is, they spent money on players this summer and still didnt really sort out that wage bill. They are literally relying on turning back into Barca when Pep was there overnight

Daps
Well this gambled hasnt worked
They were needing to get the at least the quarter finals of the CL and they are out at the group stages again
And they need to win the league aswell which i can not see them doing either

I cant see they would be allowed to borrow again or see a bank/ hedgefund company stupid enough to lend them money again

So maybe that is the only option, sell some of the club to wipe out this debt

I cant see the members being happy about that,
maybe they should start a gofund me campaign to stop them selling half the club :russ:

'What happens if success does not arrive on the pitch? Investment bank Goldman Sachs is providing 2bn euros to the club in various loans and I am sure it would be ready to take over if necessary. Even though the credit extended to rebuild the stadium (1.5bn euros) is a great deal for Barcelona because they don't need to pay it back until they start earning money from the new installations, if everything goes wrong the club would end up in private hands.

In any case, Barcelona does not belong fully to season ticket holders any more; they share that ownership with those that have bought parts of the club.'

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh

Book an hour on the 5 a side...spend 40 minutes holding the ball hostage while arguing about fouls and handballs

full

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Crazy thing is, they spent money on players this summer and still didnt really sort out that wage bill. They are literally relying on turning back into Barca when Pep was there overnight
No this is worse. They are spending money yet to be earned. They will have to sell even more pieces of the club to get better next year :francis: