Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK

These Ronaldo fans boys are a problem. :francis:

Ronaldo fanboys are delusional and don’t understand tactics. In my group chat, one Stan (who’s an arsenal fan) said “Who cares if he doesn’t press and isn‘t fast anymore, you don’t leave CR7 on the bench” and when I responded with “So if ETH’s tactics rely on pressing from the front and pace so they can counter, is he supposed to just scrap his gameplan to facilitate a 38 year old declining player?” he just said it doesn’t matter because he’s clutch :snoop:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
It's not even about him not pressing anymore(although obviously it is), he's completely washed, can't control a ball, can't hold it up, can't lay it off, can't even finish anymore.

He's completely done and is nothing but a distraction we have to put up with until he finally fukks off in the summer, or hopefully someone is stupid enough to get him in jan, we're looking at you, Todd.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It's not even about him not pressing anymore(although obviously it is), he's completely washed, can't control a ball, can't hold it up, can't lay it off, can't even finish anymore.

He's completely done and is nothing but a distraction we have to put up with until he finally fukks off in the summer, or hopefully someone is stupid enough to get him in jan, we're looking at you, Todd.

I'd take him at Toronto FC, might actually go and watch a game for once

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
His ego probably won't allow him to go to the MLS, sorry mate.

It just makes me happy that he's rotting on the bench while Messi has settled and is having weekly GOAT⟨™⟩ moments in Ligue Des Agriculteurs.

Then that prick can rot then :blessed:

I see roy keane and souness received that ronaldo payment

Last edited:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Ronaldo’s not even good enough for the MLS, at this point. He’s not a Zlatan/Giroud that can be a target man that holds up play and brings other players into attacking phases of play because that’s not his game. He’s a poacher that relied on pace to chase his touch and doesn’t contribute to build up play. Now that he’s lost his legs, you’re essentially a man down on the pitch when you don’t have the ball and you have to create all of his chances for him.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Ronaldo’s not even good enough for the MLS, at this point. He’s not a Zlatan/Giroud that can be a target man that holds up play and brings other players into attacking phases of play because that’s not his game. He’s a poacher that relied on pace to chase his touch and doesn’t contribute to build up play. Now that he’s lost his legs, you’re essentially a man down on the pitch when you don’t have the ball and you have to create all of his chances for him.

Nah he's good enough for MLS. I saw in person a washed David Villa dominate. Not to mention Rooney, Zlatan, Henry etc. He'll need runners around him but he would bag alot of goals in MLS. But will he bag more than Bernadeschi, Driussi etc? Nah. It's depression inducing to be compared to Messi for most of your career to being compared with footballers who couldn't make it in Europe. He should just retire.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Nah he's good enough for MLS. I saw in person a washed David Villa dominate. Not to mention Rooney, Zlatan, Henry etc. He'll need runners around him but he would bag alot of goals in MLS. But will he bag more than Bernadeschi, Driussi etc? Nah. It's depression inducing to be compared to Messi for most of your career to being compared with footballers who couldn't make it in Europe. He should just retire.

At least with David Villa, his game wasn’t predicated on his physical attributes so it makes sense as to why he was still effective. With Ronaldo, he’s not even able to provide much on a technical level anymore. I could see him having one last run in a team like Sporting but you’re right, he’s pretty much at retirement now.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
David Villa was a joy to watch in MLS. Really just showed how good he was to come over and just shot on the league. Ronaldo in the MLS is a great player let’s not overthink it. Josef Martinez doesn’t even move and is bagging goals. Ronaldo would be a menace