Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Another one bites the dust.

He'll be gone in 18 weeks. :mjgrin:

Slaven Byatch should be gone in 0 :hhh: .

"West Ham manager Slaven Bilic claims those responsible for Croatian Swastika controversy are 'not racist'

West Ham United manager Slaven Bilić has become embroiled in controversy after claiming those responsible for painting a Swastika on a Croatian football pitch were 'not racist'.

The symbol, which has been associated with Nazi Germany since World War II, appeared before Croatia's Euro 2016 qualifier against Italy and resulted in the country being docked one point and being ordered to play two matches behind closed doors.

Uefa branded the occurrence as 'racist behaviour' while Davor Suker, the Croatian Football Federation (CFF) president and ex-Hammers striker, moved swiftly to condemn the vandalism."

"Croatian football’s ruling body have repeatedly come under fire from international anti-discrimination bodies for failing to respond to such incidents but Bilić refused to condemn the CFF.

"I cannot really blame the Croatian Football Association," he added. "I am a Croatian, and I am from Split, and I know that the FA is trying and that the government are trying to sort things out.

"They are trying, but it is impossible to stop somebody yelling when they are stood in the stand.""

"Bilić said: “Senegal — which is not typical for African teams — they play for each other, and they deserved totally [to win]. They didn’t make any mistakes.”"

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
There’s no way Southgate should still employed after the World Cup. England probably won’t make it out of the group stage if they keep playing the way they are and his selections have been terrible since before the Euros.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
After giving away the ball cheaply.
Pogba must've given him some juju curse after kicking him in the head.

maguire-pogba-6.png