Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
For the last time folks, Emery is a pretty much a bad league manager/coach. Teams don't improve under him. Outside off that PSG title season. He's never improved a team's league position. As a matter of fact most off the time, his team regress.

People fail to realize Villarreal finished 3rd the season before he took over. And where did they finish last season, not in the top 4.

You don't have to tell me. :whoa:

I was here for the end of his Arsenal tenure where they couldn't score consistently, so his solution was to play five at the back and try to get 0-0 scorelines against upper-mid-table clubs.

I do like him because he's good for fukkery in cup competitions and I didn't like how the UK media made fun of his English, but like I said, he wasn't right for Newcastle anyway.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
As a Nigerian Chelsea fan it makes no sense we’re not trying to sign Osimhen

Napoli asking for $100M+ easily. His contract is up end of 2025 and I figure he'll be gone next summer.

This is the season for him to really establish himself as one of Europe's top goal scorers. First season with Napoli there was Covid and injuries that plagued his playing time. Last season was the facial injury that left him sidelined for the crucial middle of the season.

This year he should be looking for 20+ goals in the Serie A

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
Can someone explain to me why Bundesliga seems like it is getting less and less competitive - Germany is a rich country, there should be multiple teams with the ability to spend money and compete with Bayern year in and year out

• Dap
Reactions: ADP