Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the deal with Eddie Howe? Such an underwhelming choice of manager when you are going through a resurgence as a football club.

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
How's the new Football Manager? I still fire up FM 2016 from time to time like it's Championship Manager 01/02.
It's solid. I like the scouting setup in the old games better. Was going to complain about the match engine and how often players ignore tactical instructions, but Chelsea and United doing that in real life, so I guess that's a feature not a bug :beli:

Daps
What's the deal with Eddie Howe? Such an underwhelming choice of manager when you are going through a resurgence as a football club.
They tried to get Unai Emery from Villareal first. I think Howe was like their third choice.

Honestly, I'm glad they didn't get Unai because he's a fantastic manager, but Newcastle has dynamic and creative attackers, and they'd not take advantage of that with Unai on the touchline.

Hey at least we got a point, you guys would kill for a point right now.
:picard:

Last edited:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
They tried to get Unai Emery from Villareal first. I think Howe was like their third choice.

Honestly, I'm glad they didn't get Unai because he's a fantastic manager, but Newcastle has dynamic and creative attackers, and they'd not take advantage of that with Unai on the touchline.

:picard:
It woulda been nice to restore the feeling. Good ebening