Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
We are better than Liverpool…if we didn’t have EL we would get close to 90 points

:yeshrug:

I'm kinda jealous of Arsenal fans getting gassed off of wins over Bournemouth, Palace & Leicester. It must be nice enjoying wins over relegation fodder. :francis:

For us big club followers, they're considered routine. :snooze:

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
Fred might be able to fill that role (like with Brazil) but in the prem his physicality and ball retention have not been good enough for a possession based team.
Fred’s a curious one, he is excellent with the NT team and not great with United (who is?!). Yea, guess its the fact that he has too much to do at United and with the seleção hes passing it to world class players

:heh:

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
Would any Arsenal fans take back Iwobi for that backup left mid role? Was always a midfielder to me and his best work for us was as a connecter in those half spaces…I would take him back for 15m

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Fred’s a curious one, he is excellent with the NT team and not great with United (who is?!). Yea, guess its the fact that he has too much to do at United and with the seleção hes passing it to world class players

the prem is full of relative low-skill, fast, strong hard-runners of the type that he will not meet that much on duty with brazil.

players like voldemort (prime example), the brentford offensive players etc.

and even then when your team plays peak high pressure football you can keep the opposition on the backfoot you can negate their physical advantage (like brazil, city, barca, liverpool do. like man utd, arsenal (wenger) used to do).

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

For Brazil he plays next to Casemiro or Fabinho. At United they expect him to be Casemiro:francis:

Also for Brazil along with Casemiro he usually has Paqueta, who's versatile enough to do anything in midfield, next to him. And most importantly what I see for Brazil is that Neymar is always available to Fred for a quick 20 yard vertical pass. Any time Fred picks up the ball he has Neymar as an outlet.

Now when you compare that to United (where he is in Casemiro position), has McTominay next to him (who is the opposite of Paqueta, basically can't do anything) and Bruno who is always out of position (living out his dream of playing as a striker).

And then instead of Neymar he has Ronaldo who can't hold up the ball or enough pace to run in behind defenders. Or Rashford who is permanently offside :francis:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Would any Arsenal fans take back Iwobi for that backup left mid role? Was always a midfielder to me and his best work for us was as a connecter in those half spaces…I would take him back for 15m

Only Kelechi would :scust:

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
Only Kelechi would :scust:

Iwobi has been Everton’s best player this season as an 8 in a dbl pivot…he’d be even better in a 3 imo…and he’d be squad player…he’s better than tielemans imo…tielemans just isn’t physically gifted enough for me the guy can’t run

and Iwobi is one of our own…

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Iwobi has been Everton’s best player this season as an 8 in a dbl pivot…he’d be even better in a 3 imo…and he’d be squad player…he’s better than tielemans imo…tielemans just isn’t physically gifted enough for me the guy can’t run

and Iwobi is one of our own…

he's one of own he's one of our own alexander iwobi he's one of our own

and meh don't see the point you can prob get him on a free in two years when his contract expires if arsenal wants that reunion.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Reece James back in RCB??

No recognized DM? :patrice:

Hope Tuchel has gotten this line-up right, but how I see it, a recognized striker is a must. Good to see Gallagher getting a run out in the starting line up.