Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

Our Naija striker off the mark!

Taiwo and Victor both scoring this weekend/week

Don't know why but I feel like 12 is the wackiest number in Football :patrice:

I think so too, it’s not in the first XI and 13 is usually reserved for the second string GK.

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
This is why no player should ever be bigger than the club. They should’ve let Mbappe go to Real Madrid when they had the chance to sell him. All this posturing will come back to haunt them.

Shaka Hislop was saying the same thing on ESPN FC the other day. At Madrid, Mbappe would have been humbled from day one. So many Balon d'or, WC, UCL and Copa America winners have played there. He isn't special.

Who the fuk wants to sign Rabiot in 2022?

What a joke we have become

He's better than Scottie so I'll take that. IDK why we aren't in for a proper ball winner like Ndidi. He at the base would free up a Rabiot and Eriksen to actually carry the ball and play the ball forward.

We're starting Milner and Nat Phillips in the year of our Lord 2022...
I really think Pool not strengthening their midfield might be their undoing this season. Thiago, Keita and Ox cannot be trusted from a fitness perspective. Milner is passed it and idk if Elliott is ready yet. Sangare would have been a good addition before going all out on Jude next season.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
As solid as Liverpool's attacking set up is, their midfield is looking very thin right now.

Crystal Palace coming out with 5 at the back looking to play for draw. If they would play a midfield 5 against that weak midfield they would have a chance actually.

Still, I expect Eze and Zaha to be very dangerous on the counter. The game is there to be won if they are willing to risk it, but Liverpool at home is no small task, especially as Palace have been set up to absorb pressure. Let's see.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Saw that Graeme Souness clip.

And as always, someone's word was taken out of context.

At least he didn't mention Pogba this time..
sjMeWr3.png