Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand nerfing one of your better players (Reece James) in order to have a step up in mediocrity (RCL over Azpi or Chalobah).

But maybe Tuchel wants James to stay back at all times in order to deal with Spurs speed on counters :manny:

That's exactly it. And tbf Reece did spend some of his academy days playing RCB in a 3 so he knows the position. Some people legit consider that his position.

If they can get Fofana tho this will be less of an issue moving forward.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
That's exactly it. And tbf Reece did spend some of his academy days playing RCB in a 3 so he knows the position. Some people legit consider that his position.

Good luck with that. Leicester are stubborn when it comes to selling their best assets. :francis:

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Chelsea will probably switch from a 3-4-3 this season.

The team is incredibly unbalanced given the current personnel. Reece James is absolutely wasted at RCB.

Loftus-Cheek at RM? I expect them to push for another CM and switch to 4-2-3-1.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I don't understand nerfing one of your better players (Reece James) in order to have a step up in mediocrity (RCL over Azpi or Chalobah).

But maybe Tuchel wants James to stay back at all times in order to deal with Spurs speed on counters :manny:

Tuchel has done that consistently. Played James at RCB vs a pacy left flank. He did have it the other way to begin with Dave being the the RCB and James RWB but then swapped it around in the CL winning season.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good luck with that. Leicester are stubborn when it comes to selling their best assets. :francis:

New owners aren't penny pinching as seen by Cucurella. :manny:

I think it happens at around 80m before the window closes.

If Chelsea don't get him this summer there's no guarantee he's there for the taking next year. Look at Tchouameni for example.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
New owners aren't penny pinching as seen by Cucurella. :manny:

I think it happens at around 80m before the window closes.

If Chelsea don't get him this summer there's no guarantee he's there for the taking next year. Look at Tchouameni for example.

I know you secretly don't want Forfana. If you sign him with the 200m+ spent that means your sinister plan to use Chelsea as a plucky underdog vs the machine agenda goes out the window. You title challengers. :mjgrin:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

I'm not doubting his defensive ability, I just don't think it's worth losing what he offers as a wingback. Especially with a front three that doesn't look like it will provide much width.