Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
They have to just so they have enough numbers to cover for injuries, loss of form etc.

Werner leaving, Hudson-Odoi possibly heading out on loan and talks of Ziyech going to Man Utd (:mjgrin:) so that's likely 3 players out and only Broja added so far.

The market for attacking players is dead tho so I'm not sure who they can bring in. All things considered, missing out on Raphinha was a big blow.

I read you’re sniffing around for Sesko which would be a good signing but I’m not sure hedging your bets on young strikers is gonna be enough for a top 4 push. Someone like Cody Gakpo could be a good signing but that Eredivisie tax is hefty sometimes.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps

Shaw missed the last 2 pre-season games. Figured Malacia would start. Oh well.

Hope we get 3 ponts. :sadcam:

If I were a United fan, I would not be inspired by this team.

Unless Teg Hag somehow manages to be in the mold of Ferguson, this team will struggle. They've added a few players, but structurally it's basically the same team. They need an overhaul or will face the same problems. I honestly think Tottenham has a better squad.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I read you’re sniffing around for Sesko which would be a good signing but I’m not sure hedging your bets on young strikers is gonna be enough for a top 4 push. Someone like Cody Gakpo could be a good signing but that Eredivisie tax is hefty sometimes.

When Chelsea were first linked with him a few weeks ago I fired up YouTube and I did not like what I saw. His highlights legit looked like a fail comp. :scusthov:

No more struggle ballers please, we have enough already.

Daps

Unless Teg Hag somehow manages to be in the mold of Ferguson, this team will struggle. They've added a few players, but structurally it's basically the same team. They need an overhaul or will face the same problems. I honestly think Tottenham has a better squad.

This. I don't feel full of joy or confidence heading into this game. Unless he has got them playing really good football this same old team may struggle. Fred/mctominay together just doesn't work for me

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

Why do you think most people have spurs as a dark horse for the title while United not to finish in the top 4?

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Why do you think most people have spurs as a dark horse for the title while United not to finish in the top 4?
I never said anything about Spurs being a darkhorse for the title, so I don't know why those people are saying that.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
When Chelsea were first linked with him a few weeks ago I fired up YouTube and I did not like what I saw. His highlights legit looked like a fail comp. :scusthov:

No more struggle ballers please, we have enough already.

His first touch and the way he dribbles with the ball reminds me of Abou Diaby. He doesn’t look like a winger at all to me. Kevin Campbell said he could see him being converted to a CF and I can kinda see that potentially. He’s got the height and has a decent shot on him but he’s worth the risk at his price.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Damn 2 L's in 20 minutes on a Sunday morning....

tAY1Tlo.gif

Of course we were linked with both of them.
u9urcKd.png

easy on a sunday morn .. morn .. morn .. ning ..

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
His first touch and the way he dribbles with the ball reminds me of Abou Diaby. He doesn’t look like a winger at all to me. Kevin Campbell said he could see him being converted to a CF and I can kinda see that potentially. He’s got the height and has a decent shot on him but he’s worth the risk at his price.

He's been used as a false 9/SS for PSV under Roger Schmidt.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
I didn't say you did. You saying spurs have a better squad than United is a given. It's like saying City are better than United.
In my opinion, it's a dysfunctional squad.

It starts with the club's talisman wanting out of the club in the transfer window. He's a consummate professional, but he basically had to settle for United due to lack of interest from other clubs in the window. He is a year older, a does not have nearly the same workrate.

Other than that, players like Fred and McTomminay are not players that should be the midfield fulcrum in a squad that has title winning ambitions. Do we even need to get started on the team captain?

The pull of the club has diminished as well. They continue to miss out on key transfer targets and continue to acquire slightly above average players. Not seeing much by way of world class talent. Is there a single player in that line up that would make it into a Man City starting 11 for instance? Probably not. Club leadership also seems to lack the necessary ideas as well.