Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
P. Schmeichel

Ruddock Pepe Terry

Wise V. Jones Keane
Vieira

Wrighty Maradona D.Costa
Bench: Gazza, Pearce, Ince, Rooney, Vidic, Essien, Big Dunc, Zlatan Balotelli, Fabregas, Cantona
U loooooove the fukkery……great squad but man that’s like
Wish I was there but badman no go a Wisconsin.
not many do……

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Thank you, Bayern. :blessed:

Watching the City-Liverpool game yesterday it's clear to see Ake isn't a serious, top level player either so that's another bullet dodged.

Tuchel's player ID is so suspect that missing out on most of his targets this summer has been a blessing in disguise. This is fine btw, he clearly doesn't watch much football so you can't expect him to know much.

I would gladly take Kouliably and Sterling as the only signings this window.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
conflate certainty with probable brehs:hhh:

football is not just about rules.

"the spirit of the game"
Association football - Wikipedia

:camby:

It was a loophole in the rules which allowed Suarez to do that, he knew it was better to create a probability of a goal than to allow a certain goal. It was probably the first time such a disgusting act of blatant cheating happened in the history of football. Even the hand of god had some element of deception and deniability behind it. Suarez didn't.

The rule makers wouldn't have envisioned such a thing happening, such a blatant act of cheating. Which is why the punishment for stopping a certainty is only a probability, as you say. But they should have changed the rule immediately, FIFA, so that if a Suarez handball happens again, the opposition are awarded an instant goal instead of only a penalty. The precedent is there in cricket with the LBW law. In cricket you get penalised for illegally stopping the ball from breaking the wicket, and the penalty is basically as though you weren't there and the wickets were broken. In football, you should be penalised for illegally stopping the ball from crossing the goal line, with the penalty as though you weren't even there and the ball crossed the line.

What always surprises and shocks me is how cool football fans are with it, they think Suarez is perfectly fine for doing what he did. They even say that they would do the exact same thing in his shoes. Being Australian I have a very different living experience and perspective on cheating at sport. It's just not the done thing. We banned the captain and vice captain of our cricket team for a year for an act which was NOWHERE near as gross a violation of fair play as Suarez's was. And this, despite the fact that the world governing body (equivalent to FIFA) for the sport only gave those Australians like a one-match ban. The Australian public weren't having that though, and it was the pressure from the public which led to Cricket Australia (equivalent to the Uruguayan FA) banning them for a year

It's terrible, the excuses people make for Suarez. I don't want to win like that. That's not a win. It's like opening up console commands on a video game and turning on god mode and acting like you've won the game. Who wants to win like that? :scust:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Lol at Arsenal fans still disrespecting Emery when the second he changes to a better club, with a stronger squad and a better-run back office, he ends up winning European trophies. The problem at Arsenal was and remains Arsenal, and not Emery
Think it was Southampton fans that were trying to troll him.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Lol at Arsenal fans still disrespecting Emery when the second he changes to a better club, with a stronger squad and a better-run back office, he ends up winning European trophies. The problem at Arsenal was and remains Arsenal, and not Emery

Emery not built for the higher level clubs. He doesn't have the personality and is too boring to galvanise top level players that arent Spanish or mid table level talent.

I don't care how many EL he won. Barca and Real have hired or been linked with every Spanish coach but him. If he was really good Real would of moved heaven and earth to bring him in as coach and they havent. That tells you everything you need to know.

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bet if you searched for sinking ship on Google images, you will find this:

1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Absolutely no buzz in the transfer market, depleting squad, players don't want to be there, local fan base.

Chelsea about to return to their standing pre- Abromovich days this season :laff: