Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
TfuCt88.gif

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Follow up on this. So my son was offered a spot on the "B" team. There is an A, B, C, and a select (not fully committed to a year) team. Teams are fairly small with about 12-13 players on a team and they play 7v7 at this age. Was ok with him being selected to the B team based on he's never played club soccer and on a full size team he'd probably be around 20th on the team.

So with all that said I saw the bill for how much it's going to cost for him to play club soccer. $2515.00 which does not include fees for tournaments or all the kits, warmups, bags. Not sure what to do now. I knew the sport wasn't cheap especially here in the USA, but wasn't expecting to pay $3000 either.
3k for 8 year olds is ridiculous :hubie: and you know those kids on the C team don't even know how to walk properly :francis:

Go with a cheaper option if you have one and then if the kid has actual talent and enjoys playing you can always sign him back up to a club.