Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
In the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t matter what I suggest. It seems most Arsenal fans are happy with mediocrity.

Stan will keep Arteta on because this club is not his main priority. He’ll keep the tickets sky high whilst we settle for Europa league at best.

In Arteta we trust though.

Its not that we're happy with mediocrity, the club was in a slow downward spiral for ages and has only started to rebuild, rebuilding with less funds than other top clubs too.

We have a very young squad with an inexperienced manager, compared to our expectations at the start of the season we aren't doing badly. Getting to that next stage soon is crucial though.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I had a feeling we were gonna lose last night so the result didn’t surprise me but the performance was absolutely shocking.

Palace came with a game plan to press us from the front and we looked nervous dealing with it all game. I don’t know if it was because of the international break but we looked a step slower today.

Now we’ve picked up a couple injuries, this is where not replenishing the squad in January could come back to bite us because it’s obvious Tavares is a defensive liability and if Partey is out for any significant time, then we’re going to be soft in the middle (even though he was shocking last night too).

The only saving grace is that I see Spurs dropping points unnecessarily as well but I don’t have faith in the players being able to bounce back now the pressure is on.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I had a feeling we were gonna lose last night so the result didn’t surprise me but the performance was absolutely shocking.

Palace came with a game plan to press us from the front and we looked nervous dealing with it all game. I don’t know if it was because of the international break but we looked a step slower today.

Now we’ve picked up a couple injuries, this is where not replenishing the squad in January could come back to bite us because it’s obvious Tavares is a defensive liability and if Partey is out for any significant time, then we’re going to be soft in the middle (even though he was shocking last night too).

The only saving grace is that I see Spurs dropping points unnecessarily as well but I don’t have faith in the players being able to bounce back now the pressure is on.
Can this team handle the pressure of

going to Spurs to win top 4 in a finale?

that’s really the only question for me and i lean towards no

that 5-1 newcastle game is crucial from a goal differential point of view as well

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Can this team handle the pressure of going to Spurs to win top 4 in a finale?

that’s really the only question for me and i lean towards no

that 5-1 newcastle game is crucial from a goal differential point of view as well

Unfortunately, if we’re still tied on points or it’s within 3 points by the time we play Spurs, I think we’re gonna lose. Not to mention, we still have to play Chelsea and Utd and I can’t see us getting 6 points from those fixtures either.

I’m hoping for the best but I think this is potentially the start of the slide down to 6th/7th if we’re not careful.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not that we're happy with mediocrity, the club was in a slow downward spiral for ages and has only started to rebuild, rebuilding with less funds than other top clubs too.

We have a very young squad with an inexperienced manager, compared to our expectations at the start of the season we aren't doing badly. Getting to that next stage soon is crucial though.

Dude stop trying to reason with him. He wants to be right at any cost.

One off these entitled "fans". Who seem to lose all sense of logic when it comes to sports.

You want a team that wins trophies every year. Then I suggest he supports Celtic, or one off the big Portuguese clubs.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
So guys, a little scenario here : you're a goalie and you see Mbappé with the ball cutting inside from his left wing and rapidly approaching the corner of your box:sadcam:

He still has his defender on him though but from there you know he can :
1. Curl it high up to your far post
2. Strike it hard down low to your near post
3. Dribble/accelerate past his defender to cross a hard cut back pass

What do you do ? :patrice:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
So guys, a little scenario here : you're a goalie and you see Mbappé with the ball cutting inside from his left wing and rapidly approaching the corner of your box:sadcam:

Show him down the left and make him use his left foot.

You cannot really contain/stop him. But you can make it as difficult as possible for him. Slow him down so the covering players can get into position.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Dude stop trying to reason with him. He wants to be right at any cost.

One off these entitled "fans". Who seem to lose all sense of logic when it comes to sports.

You want a team that wins trophies every year. Then I suggest he supports Celtic, or one off the big Portuguese clubs.
Show me where I said we’re entitled to win trophies? So now you’re putting words in my mouth? :mjlol:

I’ve said many times I don’t expect us to win the league/champions league anytime soon because there are teams far ahead of us.

What I don’t expect are abject performances like last night. I guess I must be a fair weather fan, despite supporting this team when George Graham was managing. When it was “one nil, to the Arsenal.”

Sorry I’m not deluded enough to make excuses when the team performs poorly. I guess Arsenal were the only team to have players out on international duty right?

Teams like Brentford can show up and school the current holders of the champions league on their home turf, but we get smacked up by a mid table team at best?

It’s fans like you as to why this club continues to make a mockery of everyone. Can’t believe you had the audacity to use injuries and the international break to cover up for this incompetent performance.

Last edited:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK

As a keeper, you should always cover your near post. Let him have to do the hard work of option 1 or 3.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps

just hope he doesn’t kick it well, then I exaggerate the save :mjlit:
That’s what I used to do back in school and nikkas thought I was the shyt :lolbron:

That’s what De Gea also does, making basic saves look aesthetically pleasing :stopitslime:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
As a keeper, you should always cover your near post. Let him have to do the hard work of option 1 or 3.

from that angle, hitting near post will be harder for him..no? :patrice:
And he’d have to completely rinse the defender to get the chance to put it in the near post. I believe hittting a far post curler is easier from there