Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

concise

Veteran
Daps
idk, man. I never really liked CAF's all or nothing qualification methods. I feel like if FIFA would have given them a half spot a while ago, they would have been forced to come up with something different.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
idk, man. I never really liked CAF's all or nothing qualification methods. I feel like if FIFA would have given them a half spot a while ago, they would have been forced to come up with something different.

With 5 slots it was always going to be tough regardless. The final leg playoff in a way makes things comprehensive in that truly, the best of the best go-to the WC from Africa (although the way the groups were allocated is a point of contention e.g. CIV and Cameroon in the same group, DRC's group was paperweight).

They could have done a hybrid approach of what CONCAF and CONMEBOL do so you have one big group and the top 5 countries advance after playing each other twice, but the group is say only 10 teams, the top 6/7 sides based on ranking, then the other spots are up for grabs through a prelim playoff....idk it's irrelevant because next WC there are 9 slots.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

I need this. COME ON! :ohlawd:

Much better lineup. 3 proper midfielders instead of Kele as a CAM. Bassey is the one I'm not sure about, Sanusi gets forward well but his delivery is hot garbage. Bassey doesn't look as fast.

I also like bringing in Lookman and Dennis. I think we can get this, just need to focus throughout. No silly errors.