Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
NYC
hSMLIuO.png

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Dude, baby steps, as an organization this institution that is Arsenal simply has to learn how to properly crawl first, which they're just learning how to do.

Wenger, Gazidis and the board left this club a mess, with no real structure or any sort of plan. This club simply had to gut itself, and start over.

I am pleased, cause I'm seeing the little things finally being done right, from the bottom up. We finally seem to have a proper plan with our academy. For the first time in a long time, you can actually see good coaching taking place. The apathetic attitude is finally being removed from this club.

If you can't see what's going on at this club, and feel some sense of excitement. then honestly go support Bayern, Madrid, or whomever else wins trophies every season. Cause honestly you've been a supporter off this club long enough to know that Arsenal will never be a plug and go club
Breh, don’t be condescending. I’ve been supporting Arsenal since before soccer was even relevant here. I’m not a one and done fan. I’ve woken up early on Saturdays just to watch Ian Wright, Henry, Anelka etc.

This “sense of excitement” and “squad is coming together” mantra has been said so many times. It’s like the boyfriend that tells his girl “things will be different this time” but keeps on fukking up. You can keep on being the battered wife that forgives.

Apparently, holding your club to high standards makes one a fair weather fan. Let’s negate the fact we get charged the most expensive tickets in the UK (possibly Europe), we’ve been taking baby steps for so long, we look like a pre-pubescent who hasn’t learned how to walk yet.

Again, I’m just being a realist. How much time and how many managers will it take before we stop becoming a joke club? This game against Liveroool will tell us. Am I expecting a win?

Honestly no, but if we get bent over again, I don’t know how any Arsenal fan could be happy. But hey, if we get a decent result against Liverpool, I’ll eat my own words.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
They've been playing good breh. Young team showing hunger.. Pressing.. Better play in the final third. Also good momentum right now. I don't think they've lost for a while

Not a good time to go to the Emirates :patrice:

yea...I'm worried about that match
Stop. You know you guys are coming into this game as the favorites. :mjlol:

I may be a Gooner through and through but I’m not deluded. On paper, Liverpool should be the underdogs: playing away from home, playing in Europe and the FA Cup.

But, I’ve seen us crumble when it comes to the big tests. We’re a de facto top 4 team that struggles against teams above us. That’s apparently progress when it’s been like that since Van Persie left the club.

I can’t remember game since his departure where I’ve felt confident beating a top 4/6 club. I’m hoping for a good game but with City drawing, there’s an added incentive for Liverpool to go all out.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Big up to Benz on another record. Seeing him break Henry’s record and Ronaldo breaking the all time FIFA recognized goal tally really got me thinking about how far sports science has come in prolonging the careers of players. Before at 28/29 players would be on their last big contract.

Wrong. 28/29 was considered prime/peak not last contract. Players were getting good contracts in their 30's back in the day. Either for preference of experience or branding.

Now you have guys like Lewa, Benz, Modric, CR7 and even Zlatan performing at high levels well into their mid-30s.

It's called being a professional and living the life of an athlete. Sports science can only do so much. Can take the horse to water cannot make it drink tho.

Playing in Spain helps. Not playing internationals for 5 years helps. Playing in a 1 team league and less fixtures helps.

Or they are all cheating b*stards juiced to the gills. :manny:

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Homie thinks he can play tiki taka in timbs :mjlol:
wish him all the best tho. His last 1 and half seasons were exceptional :salute:

:mjpls:

I can see why Barca signed him tho. His ability to drop back and cover for the FB is exactly what you need for Xaviball.

But your first thought is about him playing in Timbs :mjpls:

Kessie been OK this season. He was way better last season.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps

And this was when City won in the last minute. He was mad they sat back and didn’t attack more. :why:

How can you be both a sore winner and loser? He’s insufferable.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
:mjpls:

I can see why Barca signed him tho. His ability to drop back and cover for the FB is exactly what you need for Xaviball.

But your first thought is about him playing in Timbs :mjpls:

Kessie been OK this season. He was way better last season.

by season and a half, I meant last season and after football resumed. Il Presidente era :mjcry:
His first touch and ball control have been suspect this season

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps