Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
is this the biggest thread ever on the coli ? views and page wise

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK

h5eyQFe.png

Smiley potential at 0:31

KEANE3.png

concise

Veteran
Daps
Where will they be able to cram 4 to 6 more first round games in an already hellish schedule ? :picard:

:mjlol:
They'd have to shrink a couple of qualifying rounds ... maybe. :mjlol:
Teams at the top of the table gonna start load management later in the group phase? :heh:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Teams at the top of the table gonna start load management later in the group phase? :heh:
The whole thing seems seems crazy to me. 100 more games :picard: Are we really fiends like that ? Maybe they'll start all the leagues 2 weeks earlier

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How you feel about Roman putting up the club for sale. Y’all never gonna have another like who’s willing to spend billions in the club while genuinely looking to win every year….

I feel optimistic. Chelsea are a global brand and anybody capable of buying the club would have to do a lot wrong for them to fall off massively from this position.

Everybody talks about the stadium but they fail to mention the amazing facilities at Cobham, the world class youth team structures in place, the women's team etc. I think we'll be alright long-term. We'll definitely spend less but hopefully that just means we'll spend smarter. No more midget goalkeepers with tiny arms for 72m etc. Genuinely hope the first thing the new owners do is get rid of the entire first team scouting department.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
The whole thing seems seems crazy to me. 100 more games :picard: Are we really fiends like that ? Maybe they'll start all the leagues 2 weeks earlier

Quality gonna suffer. They're gonna dilute the product

Between this, EL, Europa Conference, Nations League we're gonna have football fatigue

Not to mention the players phoning it in. I read grumblings from some players and managers but players need to go on strike

These organisations are insatiable

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Going off the current football calendar. With the internationals fortnights it's basically games every week up till Christmas. Which means all the domestic cups start will have to be moved to into the new year and there will be no midweek league games from Sept-Dec for teams in the CL/Europa. So yeah like Liu said the league's are going to have to start at the beginning of August. Looks like the PL CL teams will be exempt from playing in the league cup for that season.

The fixture congestion :picard: apart from PL because I just don't see a majority vote for 18 team league even tho they should. I can see Italy and Ligue 1 moving to 18 teams. La Liga will depend on the T&C's on that investment money they took.