Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
holy shyt :mindblown:
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to relinquish stewardship of club

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to relinquish stewardship of club
skynews-sky-news-breaking-news_5673559.jpg

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has announced that he is handing stewardship of the club to trustees of its charitable foundation.

In a statement, the Russian billionaire said: "During my nearly 20-year ownership of Chelsea FC, I have always viewed my role as a custodian of the club, whose job it is ensuring that we are as successful as we can be today, as well as build for the future, while also playing a positive role in our communities.

"I have always taken decisions with the club's best interest at heart. I remain committed to these values. That is why I am today giving trustees of Chelsea's charitable foundation the stewardship and care of Chelsea FC.

"I believe that currently they are in the best position to look after the interests of the Club, players, staff, and fans."

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Per charity register there are 6 trustees as follows

John Richard Devine

Paul Ramos

Piara Powar

Emma Hayes

Sir Hugh Michael Robertson MP

Bruce Michael Buck (Also a trustee of The Chelsea Players' Trust)

Chelsea Charitable Foundation does the following

"Chelsea FC Foundation is the official charity affiliated to and supported by Chelsea Football Club, providing (i) sports coaching and facilities for participation in football, other healthy sports and recreation; (ii) educational services, including social inclusion and anti-racism projects; (iii) support for other charitable initiatives, including the environment and welfare of children."

He's still the owner but handed over control, he'll be selling soon the end of his reign is here, thank you Roman for letting us dream :sadcam:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
What does roman have to do with this war exactly??? Unless he's directly financing the war shyt makes no sense to me..but what do i know

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Billionaires buying random clubs in shytholes but nobody would want Chelsea in the heart of London. :troll:

Them Arabs about to ask for a refund on Newcastle and make a bid :lolbron:
I know, I’m just hating. :mjgrin:

Roman shouldn’t be allowed to sell and profit like Donald Sterling did with the Clippers. He knows the heat is on him. The Russians have been allowed to money launder for decades now. Putin blew up the spot.:mjlol:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What does roman have to do with this war exactly??? Unless he's directly financing the war shyt makes no sense to me..but what do i know

He reportedly has close links to Putin. Once the sanctions started and they were for real this time Roman was never going to come away from this unscathed.