Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The Bayern one is BS.

All they wanted to do was get Barca on top and see how they had to add the class players part to put Barca as #1. But Real cannot make top 10. Nor PSG

Chelsea over Sporting :mjlol: look at this nonsense. Chelsea only been doing it for 5 minutes.

Sporting Ajax Benfica Lyon D-Zagreb River all better. Why because they give players careers not just at the highest levels but at lower ones as well. Like that's why United academy is well regarded they might not of had the high quality like the class of 92 in recent times but you look at the lower leagues many teams are filled with ex United academy players. That's the true test of an academy. Players year in year out not every 10 years or so.

Want to know the difference between Barca and Real academies. Barca make footballers only for their style Real make footballers for all terrains.
West ham should be in the conversation at least among british clubs, from Ince, to the Rios and Lampards to Rice etc been producing top british players for decades

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
West ham should be in the conversation at least among british clubs, from Ince, to the Rios and Lampards to Rice etc been producing top british players for decades

The list is so over the place it's thrown together and no real thought put into it. What is it based on? Historical? Recent? Most internationals? Most professionals? Awards? Most Titles? Or is it just on their favourite players?

Sporting have had 2 Ballon d'Or winners in the 21st century. Barca have 1 in its whole history.

All these best academy lists always have Barca as #1 La Masia is the best OMG. Yet they always name the same old generation aka the Pep cornerstone players. :beli: When the likes of Ajax Sporting Benfica been producing regular first team players seasons in seasons out, all different generations.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Terrible list. Where's Real Madrid?

Spain on all levels is filled to the brim with Madrid graduates. Spanish teams that won european trophies had Madrid graduates on them. I don't see Bayern rejects helping other german teams win anything domestically or in europe

Mats Hummels is the only reject off top I can think of.

These are the peak names of Bayern academy Bastian Schweinsteiger, Philipp Lahm, Toni Kroos, Thomas Muller, David Alaba, Sammy Kuffour and Owen Hargreaves.

:francis: good players but ahead of Sporting. :unimpressed:

Last edited:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I wonder what Ashley Cole does...I hope it's not anything tactical as fukk me, have you seen him as a pundit?

Pretty much every game he was on eventually just boiled down to "Ey Ashley, you used to do well against Ronaldo didn't ya?"

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Mats Hummels is the only reject off top I can think of.

These are the peak names of Bayern academy Bastian Schweinsteiger, Philipp Lahm, Toni Kroos, Thomas Muller, David Alaba, Sammy Kuffour and Owen Hargreaves.

:francis: good players but ahead of Sporting. :unimpressed:

even take out Sammy Kuffuor, he started in King Faisal over here before going to Italy, before even Bayern

concise

Veteran
Daps

Bet they'll still be scheduling matches in the middle of the afternoon in 90+ weather again anyway :heh:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Man City are promoting this Socios trash to their fans. The 'fan engagement crypto token' that allows you to vote on things like halftime playlist once you've invested in Socios crypto CLZ or whatever it's called.

Man City are promoting this on Twitter. A platform that allows them to run a poll for free asking their fans which songs they want to hear at half time.

And it's not just a Man City thing so. Loads of other clubs are actively trying to find ways to scam their supporters of money. The game is gone. :mjlol: