Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
I can't get over how fukking fugly the "$Inter" sponsorship livery is on our otherwise marvellous kits for this season :scust: If only we still had the iconic Pirelli on these shyts :sadcam:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
And then a header off a corner to make it 2-zip. Set piece goals, counter attacks, that's what I want. Proper Mourinhoball :blessed:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya

@SCORCH congratulations. With the best player on the planet, the best manager and the best defense anything less than the treble would be a complete shock:ehh:

Thuram was an amazing centre half, and his era was the goal poacher's era. You think about the top strikers of the 90s and early 00s - Crespo, Batistuta, Vieri, van Nistelrooy, Inzaghi, Ronaldo post-injuries, Shearer - Lukaku fits right into that mould. Only a few top strikers in that time period were more dynamic, guys like Ronaldo pre-injuries, Adriano, Shevchenko, Henry, Eto'o.

So it's no surprise Thuram rates the best old school no.9 in today's game so highly, they dominated his era and they would have been the toughest opponents he came up against. So he's predisposed towards rating that profile of player very highly.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Thuram was an amazing centre half, and his era was the goal poacher's era. You think about the top strikers of the 90s and early 00s - Crespo, Batistuta, Vieri, van Nistelrooy, Inzaghi, Ronaldo post-injuries, Shearer - Lukaku fits right into that mould. Only a few top strikers in that time period were more dynamic, guys like Ronaldo pre-injuries, Adriano, Shevchenko, Henry, Eto'o.

So it's no surprise Thuram rates the best old school no.9 in today's game so highly, they dominated his era and they would have been the toughest opponents he came up against. So he's predisposed towards rating that profile of player very highly.
I disagree with you there because Lukaku is a dynamic striker. It's his issues with the first touch and more importantly the way he looks that has him stereotyped as an old school striker. He has shown on multiple occasions, even in a single match, that he can take the ball from the midfield get past three players and finish. Also he can step out on the right wing and put in a magnificent cross. And also to your point he can play the role of an old school 9 and bully people in the box.

So what Thuram and I are saying is that he is a complete forward, best in the world, and that Chelsea is pretty much a lock to win it all :mjgrin:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

#coli-hot-takes :wow:

Bergkamp, Weah, Cantona, Anelka, Romario, Suker, Bebeto, Raul, Kluivert, Van Basten, Papin.

plus second striker Baggio

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Unbelievable how some teams are allowed to systematically foul without so much as a yellow card.

They are 2-0 up, still fouling to stop counter attacks and the ref is letting it go. :dead:

You cannot tell me this isn't a league directive at this point.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija

Unbelievable how some teams are allowed to systematically foul without so much as a yellow card.

They are 2-0 up, still fouling to stop counter attacks and the ref is letting it go. :dead:

You cannot tell me this isn't a league directive at this point.

Not gonna lie I was pissed he didn’t get booked for that I had him to get booked :mjlol:

You might be onto something :jbhmm:

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
FelineVictoriousApatosaur-max-1mb.gif