Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
No mention of Falcao when we’re talking about strikers with GOAT heading skills :dwillhuh:

£40m contract expires 2023. If Brighton do get him to sign a new contract probably a release clause for £50-60m...

I think that’s tidy business if United had went for him, especially on the back of the James sale. Let’s see if they revisit this in the Jan window.

I've never seen something like this :mindblown: Ole doesn't want to let Donny go.

Here’s an interesting theory I’ve heard concerning Donny...

Ole sees him best fitting in a 4-3-3 alongside Bruno and a DM. Donny was meant to be Pogba’s replacement this season since it was expected/possible that Pogba would leave in the summer.

Now that Pogba is staying, at least till the end of the season, Ole is playing him, Pogba, as much as possible because:

a) Pogba > Donny
b) Ole is trying to get Pogba to sign a new contract and if United can win/challenge for major trophies then Paul might rethink a move

If Pogba stays past next season then they’ll sell Donny, if not, he’ll be starting

Supposedly...

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Here’s an interesting theory I’ve heard concerning Donny...

Ole sees him best fitting in a 4-3-3 alongside Bruno and a DM. Donny was meant to be Pogba’s replacement this season since it was expected/possible that Pogba would leave in the summer.

Now that Pogba is staying, at least till the end of the season, Ole is playing him, Pogba, as much as possible because:

a) Pogba > Donny
b) Ole is trying to get Pogba to sign a new contract and if United can win/challenge for major trophies then Paul might rethink a move

If Pogba stays past next season then they’ll sell Donny, if not, he’ll be starting

Supposedly...
Problem with that theory is that United never really tried to sign a DM and Ole never plays 4-3-3.