Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tchuamani might be pushing for a starting spot :patrice:

he has both of Kante and Pogba's best quality. can defend, tackle, intercept, which Pogba can't. but he can also switch plays and has a higher passing range than Kante. If it was up to me, Greizman would be on the bench and all 3 start in a midfield 3 or switch one of them with Aouar

They were plying with 10 men and Bosnia still never looked like scoring.

Tchouameni looks like the complete mid. Tall, athletic, dynamic (unlike you know who), can pass off both feet, has the long pass and has a shot on him.

Fabregas: “He can play anywhere in midfield and he will not have a problem. He can play as a No.6 alone, as a defensive midfielder, as a No.8, in a double 6. What he’s doing now, even in a year’s time, he could become a good No.10 if he wanted. He’s got the power to get into the box. He needs to improve his final pass a little bit, but he’s so young, and he’s determined to learn"

Somebody is going to buy Rice for 30-40m too much when Tchouameni will likely be available for half the price.

- Lingard was one of the best players at West Ham. He doesn't fit Ole's system.
- Ronaldo is 36. Being the best goalscorer in Serie A is almost like being the tallest midget in the circus.
- no chance Sancho gets double digit assists or goals. We haven't seen form like that from him since before Haaland arrived at Dortmund. Like Havertz he will initially struggle with the pace of the PL.
- they have no DM, which means they won't have the ball as they'd want.
- Ole is still the manager.

Chelsea and City are still head and shoulders above them.

Never thought I'd see the day a Liverpool fan is taking the pressure off Man Utd :wow:

And if scoring goals in Serie A isn't worth anything then surely Lukaku hasn't improved Chelsea as much as we're led to believe.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Last edited:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
:what:

Ronaldo is not the best at headed goals.

Bierhoff, Borgheti, Palermo, Vieri, and a lot others were better at heading goals than Ronaldo. They did it from crazy angles and distance.

Ronaldo jumped higher but a lot of his headed goals were unmolested and straight shots.
I never said he was. I said he was probably doesn't mean he definitely was. Its not even an outlandish take to say he is. :gucci:

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I never said he was. He said he was probably doesn't mean he definitely was. Its not even an outlandish take to say he is. :gucci:
And I’m telling you he isn’t he GOAT at that skill set. :what:

I named players who you could say were better who played in the last 25 years.

What you probably meant is you like watching Ronaldo headed goals, which is fine.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
:what:

Ronaldo is not the best at headed goals.

Bierhoff, Borgheti, Palermo, Drogba, Klose, Vieri, and a lot others were better at heading goals than Ronaldo. They did it from crazy angles and distance.

Ronaldo jumped higher but a lot of his headed goals were unmolested and straight shots.
I mean, it probably is Ronaldo tbf.

But I see you've forgot to add Andy Carroll, what's up with that?