Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
.......Neymar - MBappe - Messi
Bernat - Gueye/Gini - Verratti - Hakimi
....Kimpembe - Marqui - Ramos
I thought about the front 3 but the past year Neymar and MBappé have played the best with Ney as a 10 and MBappé bombing from the left. Kylian seems not to like playing as a pure 9 either and with Ney and Messi I dont see him dropping deep :lupe:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Diamond/hybrid false 9. So Messi can play the Hook. Neymar plays as the SS who drifts left and if he stays Mbrappe as the ST who drifts right. Which then allows Messi to take the Central role as 10/false 9

Defensively 3412 might be better but if you have Hakimi and Ramos on the right side. That's the side you attack down. Hakimi will do his best Kyle Walker impression and Ramos is Ramos either get pulled out of position or give away freekicks and get bookings.

Also if the rumours are true PSG want to get rid of about 10 players. Most of them will be the midfield workers and back up defenders :mjlol: Ramos Marquinhos and Kimpembe staying injury free for the whole season :mjgrin:
The issue I have with PSG's current set of starters is that Ney, MBappé, Gini and on a lesser extent Verratti heavily lean to the left side of the pitch. Hakimi and Messi are the only one really leaning to the right.

Kylian can play on the right but his best work as been as a left winger the past few years and je's been vocal playing on the left so Im not sure he'll put his ego away and play on the right for a whole season. That's why I put Messi on the right and Ney as 10. But we know they will easily swap position in real life.

Not surprised of PSG needing to offload. Waaay too many midfielders in that team, at least 3 need to leave. Icardi needs to go too. Been a dead weight and Messi dont fukk with him.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Sounds like a glorified 10.:manny:

I see 8s as box to box players capable of doing it all (defending, blocks, interceptions etc as well as going forward) so you should have an engine to be able to get up and down the field. Maddison ain't got the legs for all that.

Because positions have been b*stardized. And you support a club that have had those sort of #8's that's why you don't know any better. :mjgrin:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The issue I have with PSG's current set of starters is that Ney, MBappé, Gini and on a lesser extent Verratti heavily lean to the left side of the pitch. Hakimi and Messi are the only one really leaning to the right.

Kylian can play on the right but his best work as been as a left winger the past few years and je's been vocal playing on the left so Im not sure he'll put his ego away and play on the right for a whole season. That's why I put Messi on the right and Ney as 10. But we know they will easily swap position in real life.

Not surprised of PSG needing to offload. Waaay too many midfielders in that team, at least 3 need to leave. Icardi needs to go too. Been a dead weight and Messi dont fukk with him.

Just thinking about it. 4231 Di Maria will play RW. Especially in CL games. That forward line has to track back and as most of the team is left centric they need a worker on the right. Especially with Hakimi.

Tbh the only thing Mbrappe gets out of this is his Spanish will improve for when he goes to Madrid. And he gets to play with Messi.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
For all the shyt Real Madrid have done, they've never been as disrespectful at Barcelona.

GK worrying. RB a little worrying but Callum Chambers could do another year there and then move inside. Mari really shouldn't be in this squad, bottom half La Liga defender at best but we will see.

It's not bad. Young and hungry. Arteta with a 10 isn't as cautious too.

Chambers as RB probably works better attacking wise so Arteta can do the Citeh 3223 attacking set up. Chambers can also play in midfield so he slots next too Partey or if needs be Chambers moves to RCB and White pushes up next to Partey as he has more mobility and better passer than Chambers. Then you have the LW push inside more whether it's ESR or Pepe to create second #10/AM and Tierney is the width down the left.

Or is that too complicated?

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Neymar........Mbappe........Di Maria
.....................Messi.......................
...............Gueye....Verratti............
Bernat.-Marqui-Ramos-Hakimi
Donnarumma
I can see this one too :ehh:. A bit light whenit comes to pressing but this could work too. Plus Poch likes his 4231 so that might be it.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Its funny the players with the biggest contracts(grizzou dembele and coutinho) dont give a fukk about barca and never achieved nothing with barca. Maybe playwrs like pique bousquet alba etc would agree to a pay cut.