Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
It's a historical French thing that goes back to the 50's when they changed the football curriculum and have been arguing about the NT style ever since. The most highly regarded entertaining teams are 58, 82-84 and the 2000 squads. 2 Euro Wins and 2 World Cup semis with those teams. Even inbetween those periods of successes France twice failed to qualify for b2b World Cups as well as Euros in the same period. (70,72 & 74 and from 88, 90 & 94) and we've all seen their failures of getting out of the Group Stages in the World Cup in the 21st Century in 02 & 10. Even in the 98-2000 Squad they regularly went into games with 3 defensive type of midfielders.
true, I said it the other day, french coaching has always been meh to me. I don't know what they are doing to produce the players they produce. But I feel like more than ever, they have a bundle of young up and coming midfield with different skillsets who can be top class. I don't think they had that in the modern era.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Haiti game is Saturday :lupe: didn’t even realize it was so soon @TradePascalSiakam @Jamal514 could be first time we make the final round since 1998 :damn:

This is a big month for Canada sports

won the world championships in hockey
Can make it to the final round of qualifying in soccer
Canadians
Raptors in the lottery
Tourney for the Olympics in basketball begins June 29th

concise

Veteran
Daps
Haiti game is Saturday :lupe: didn’t even realize it was so soon @TradePascalSiakam @Jamal514 could be first time we make the final round since 1998 :damn:

Concacaf continues to screw multiple teams again and again with these final round formats that guarantee USA and Mexico play home and home matches. They really should have went with the double hex they had originally planned. :francis:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The Grizzi hate in the last few pages legit got me :dwillhuh:

People haven't forgotten.

ant-comp.jpg