Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
My biggest issue with Sancho is that he isn't as quick as advertised. Just can't have a young winger with no burst / average speed.
So you're telling me Sancho is just JLingz without the clothing line?
DylanHuh.png

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
9hvESqG.png

Romanians would have been giggling into their sarmale :hhh:

-

Not long ago ...

Romania’s sports minister apologizes after football racism row
Players left the field during a Champions League game in protest after a referee described a coach by his skin color.

PARIS — Romania’s sports minister apologized “on behalf of Romanian sports” after an official’s alleged use of racist language led to the players walking off the pitch during a Champions League football match.

The game between Paris Saint-Germain and Istanbul Başakşehir in the French capital on Tuesday was suspended and later abandoned after players from both sides walked off the field in protest at the language used by Sebastian Colțescu, the fourth official.

“We strongly condemn any expression or statement that may be considered racist or discriminatory,” Sports Minister Ionuț Stroe told Digi24. “I apologize on behalf of Romanian sports for this unfortunate incident. It was a particular incident, not a representation of Romanian sport.”

“I don’t think we’re getting into a diplomatic scandal; we all condemn this kind of incident,” he added.

“I strongly condemn the racist remarks,” Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan tweeted, adding, “We are unconditionally against racism and discrimination in sports and all areas of life.” Erdoğan is honorary president of Istanbul Başakşehir and has close ties with the club.

French Sports Minister Roxana Mărăcineanu, who was born in Romania, told France Info : “I was proud when I saw the image of the players leaving the pitch all together, rebelling to say ‘no.’”

“It has always been my struggle to say you need to react,” said Mărăcineanu, a former Olympic swimmer. “Here, it is the actors of football who left to stop the match, to stop the show. I think there is no better signal.”

Colțescu was accused of describing Başakşehir assistant coach Pierre Webo by using the word “negru” :mjpls:— Romanian for “Black” — when talking to the referee. The term angered Webo and players took opposition to the coach being described by his skin color. Başakşehir player Demba Ba was heard by TV cameras telling Colțescu: “You never say ‘this white guy’ … Why, when you mention a black guy, do you have to say ‘this black guy’?”

Romania’s sports minister apologizes after football racism row

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Y'all think the same players who Kane tries to injure every game are gonna vote for him?

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Kante says he’s tired of y’all treating him like an angelic baby :ufdup:

“It is true that sometimes, there is this image that is a bit too wonderful and a bit too beautiful. But in the end, I am just a normal guy. A player amongst others. There is no need to say I am the kindest, or the nicest. I am just a player like the others. I think that sometimes, it is overblown. It does not need to be. It is true that I like to get on well with my team-mates, to have good relationships with people that I come across in the streets and in football. But aside from that, there are other people like that in football. We don’t need to make a whole story or sometimes exaggerate.”