Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Mbappe on that pitch. :picard:

fdqD3i.gif

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol::camby:

more coli classics ..

and I suppose you think Chelsea were a bigger team than Roma when Jose took over in 2004.

NEWSFLASH - Jose has only ever been at two massive clubs .. Real and Man Utd. Reason? There aren't that many clubs of that size.

His other jobs have been around the Roma level - i.e. Spurs, Porto - with Inter, Chelsea a little bit above that.

That is how it is for coaches who manage lots of European clubs - see Ancelotti, Robson, Hitzfeld, Hiddink, LvG etc etc. That is how it has been for decades.

Those who work their way up and stay at the most powerful clubs are few and far between (Zidane, SAF, Pep so far etc) and they are very much the exceptions.

As a normal-lish human being Jose (and people like him) are unlikely to find the constraints of Germany to their liking so that leaves three big leagues and a handful of teams in each tier.

Stick to NFL / Basketball :ufdup:

Posting grainy videos from the 80s:unimpressed:

Roma is the worst club Jose has managed since he became a big name manager. The trajectory of his career is clear no matter how hard you try to fight it.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Roma are still living off that 2001 title win. Also cause Roma is one of the most iconic cities in the world.:mjlol:

Would folk have said this if Jose managed Nottingham Forrest or Aston Villa?

A stadium they don't even fill up pre-covid.

Based on trophies, Tottenham are more historically relevant. Got 2 Uefa Cups, while old Roma got the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup:mjgrin:

So yeah, based on form, Roma is a step down from Tottenham. If Jose wins a trophy (Last trophy win for Roma was 2008, same as Spuds) then he's already one of their best managers in history. :skip: