Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Tbh, this Real Madrid had no business even getting to the SFs. Atalanta played them too cagey and Liverpool simply didn't show up at all the first leg.

Tuchel was right in that this tie could have been dead within the first 20 mins if Werner takes his chance. Real only had one shot / one shot on goal and that was a worldie from Benzema that you really can't fault on the defense.

I still think Chelsea goes all the way in UCL and FA Cup (but I'd like Leicester to win for Senior Man Kele and Ndidi's sake). Tuchel has really transformed this team's mentality. Great goal from Cap America. Glad he's doing his thing against the biggest clubs on the biggest stage. Can't even say its American hype now.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Werner is a good team player and I’d keep him to play off the striker, but as our main striker, hell no! Chelsea have a decision to make this summer
Sounds like a player for Diego Simeone, he needs to continue in Mateja Kezman's footsteps and go to Atletico.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Werner is a good team player and I’d keep him to play off the striker, but as our main striker, hell no! Chelsea have a decision to make this summer

I’m of the same opinion. If you play Werner as a withdrawn LF in a 4-3-3 or in a 4-4-2 then I think he’d be good. But Chelsea don’t play in either of those formations.

At best you could use him in a 3-4-3 but Mount / Pulisic are better options below the main striker.

Still a good player to have.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m of the same opinion. If you play Werner as a withdrawn LF in a 4-3-3 or in a 4-4-2 then I think he’d be good. But Chelsea don’t play in either of those formations.

At best you could use him in a 3-4-3 but Mount / Pulisic are better options below the main striker.

Still a good player to have.

Werner will come good for Chelsea next season...Tuchel needs a full off-season

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Kante is having a good game

Kante is incredible btw. One of the greatest players of this generation.

A great game.

Casemiro is good but there are levels and he doesn't compare.

this dude has more energy than a kenyan marathon runner

My legend :mjcry:

:bow:

It's like playing with 12 men :wow:

I remember Ramires had an engine they called him kenya. Kante has an even bigger one somehow
Saw an article today start with the line, "71% of the Earth's surface is covered by water. The rest is covered by N'Golo Kante."

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Saw an article today start with the line, "71% of the Earth's surface is covered by water. The rest is covered by N'Golo Kante."

Was this a 2021 article?

This been known since 2016/2017

Kante-Facts.jpg