Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Aston Villa didn't think it was fair that Man City were down to 10 men, so they also got a red card to make it even. Fair play. :ehh:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Question for you guys over in England/Britain?

So I understand how sky sports is kind of ass because they charge yall packages to view the games and that the travel companies are dikks for price gouging on days where a big club is playing ina certain city. But I don't get the complaint about changing League one into the Premier League. Why's that being complained about?

Daps
Question for you guys over in England/Britain?

So I understand how sky sports is kind of ass because they charge yall packages to view the games and that the travel companies are dikks for price gouging on days where a big club is playing ina certain city. But I don't get the complaint about changing League one into the Premier League. Why's that being complained about?
Because it was all done for money, similar to this ESL
Before when it was called league 1 all the tv money got split between all 4 leagues in the pyramid.
When it got changed to the PL it was a seperate league and the tv money was then just split between the Pl and not the other 3 leagues
The tv money also went up loads and has continued to rise every time it is renewed

Also before it was on freeview channels and when it was called the PL it moved to pay to watch channels like Sky tv

Last edited:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Before when it called league 1 all the tv money got split between all 4 leagues in the pyramid.
When it got changed to the PL it was a seperate league and the tv money was then just split between the Pl and not the other 3 leagues
The tv money also went up loads and has continued to rise every time it is renewed
Ahh ok, that makes sense. So its still a case of the rich get richer

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Before when it called league 1 all the tv money got split between all 4 leagues in the pyramid.
And ITV Digital fukking over the Football League, Then the Football League fukked over themselves. :mjlol: