Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

ME30ye.gif

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I’m convinced Arsenal fans over romanticise this rivalry in some weird attempt to put themselves alongside United as a club.

“Ah, today isn’t as good as the good old United v Arsenal days.”

They weren’t United v Arsenal days. They were 20 years of United v whoever was good enough to challenge.

It was United v Blackburn, v Newcaste, v Arsenal, v Chelsea, v Liverpool.
I will give you Chelsea, but Blackburn, Newcastle and Liverpool won how many titles after 1992? I don’t prop up the United/Arsenal rivalry because it’s mostly sad boy football, but you know this is nonsense.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Really, stressful, really:stopitslime:
Maaaan you're closest friends support Madrid and Liverpool shyt is the worst.

Everyday going on for 5 years it's something about 8-2, 4-0, 3-0 losses it's hurts:francis:

Especially when they used to put the fear of God into other teams.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Maaaan you're closest friends support Madrid and Liverpool shyt is the worst.

:dahell:

Barca been eating for most of my childhood with titles, superstars...some of the best players to grace the game

We only began winning recently and we already fell off

we've had 30 years in the wilderness :what:

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
I’m one of the biggest critics of Martial but selling him this summer would be foolish. Unless we’re selling to fund someone like Haaland then we’d be making a big mistake.

Martial is out of form yea, but there’s EPL proven quality there. I say he has 1 more season.

Lowkey Martial isn't the guy. Cant remember who said it (Maybe Rio?), he had a pretty hot season 1 with utd literally because he didnt understand what Van Gaal was instructing him to do on the pitch - so he just went out and played. Utd would be smart to offload this guy and drop the bag + a couple of players for Kane.

On that note, the Utd friends i talk football with have literally said for the last 5-6 seasons that Kane is done. . Went from one season wonder, to Lukaku is better, to his ankles are done and hes definitely shot, to summer 2020: Martial will outshine him this coming season . . . Am I imagining it but was there a moment in 2014/2015 where Utd coulve bought Kane for 40million or something?