Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
None of those RB's can defend. :ufdup: you don't appreciate defending FB's because you've had the 2 of the best over the past 15 years, you take it for granted. AWB just needs to complete the cipher and learn to play CB so he can be Roadman Thuram.

Reece has improved a lot defensively. Gets tighter to his man and rarely lets them get the turn on him - he didn't have that in his game last season. I expect him to get better because he is physically capable; he has decent enough pace and is ridiculously strong.

AWB may have an outside chance as the right sided CB in a 3 but once Southgate goes and another manager comes in playing a back 4 it's over. :manny:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I'm sorry, I like AWB but he's not a top level FB. He has too many limitations to be an elite FB. He's an excellent 1 on 1 tackler but he's average at everything else that matters.

Thats why I say train him and move him to CB. Because the game is becoming more about 1v1 match ups anyway. We know Leeds play 1v1 marking all over and some people laugh or are asking why dont they play more zonal. But considering more teams now are playing high lines and overlapping FB's, defenders who can defend 1v1 is becoming a lost art.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Reece has improved a lot defensively. Gets tighter to his man and rarely lets them get the turn on him - he didn't have that in his game last season. I expect him to get better because he is physically capable; he has decent enough pace and is ridiculously strong.

AWB may have an outside chance as the right sided CB in a 3 but once Southgate goes and another manager comes in playing a back 4 it's over. :manny:

:comeon: like you forgetting that it was one of your ex managers that brought back the 3 at the back in English football as an attacking option. 3 at the back is more common now than it has been at any other time since 2000 in European football.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Shoutout to Naby who really made the goal with the hockey assist word to @Kunty McPhuck :steviej:

Cheer leading for what your 5th choice CM :scust:

Your manz is a £50m crock and only keeping Thiago's seat warm. At least the Ox has someone to keep him company on the treatment room :hug:You've got the Guinean Darren Anderton.