Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Best CB in the Prem outside of VVD at dominating the area aerially and winning almost everything in the air. Make severals key tackles and blocks every single game.

Fans out here negating the above with 5 second clips of him looking clumsy/misplacing a pass:mjgrin:.

We are 1000x better defensively with him in the team than out of it. He was shaky at the start of the season but in the last couple of month’s he’s been good. Put a good partner next to him and it’s an elite CB partnership.

This narrative must stop:scust:

Nah .. they mentioned a tweet about maguire's achievements in footy on one of rantz's shows. I could find the tweet but basically he has been relegated 4 times, his teams have let in higher #'s goals than before he joined and when he joined leicester the defence failed with him in it. and man utd's defence is doing terribly. he doesn't marshal the other players, is slow and yet he is the captain...

is this the record of the most expensive defender in the world?

7oDKmlGl.png

i should dig out that tweet .. or the convo.

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
Best CB in the Prem outside of VVD at dominating the area aerially and winning almost everything in the air. Make severals key tackles and blocks every single game.

Fans out here negating the above with 5 second clips of him looking clumsy/misplacing a pass:mjgrin:.

We are 1000x better defensively with him in the team than out of it. He was shaky at the start of the season but in the last couple of month’s he’s been good. Put a good partner next to him and it’s an elite CB partnership.

This narrative must stop:scust:

It'd be interesting to see how many of those stem from his starting positioning being so shyt :pachaha:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Imagine taking a screen shot of a players career on wikipedia, which shows nothing but his progression as some sort of evidence of a player being crap.

Is this analysis now?:jbhmm:

VVD played for Celtic then Southampton, he’s shyt too.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Nah .. they mentioned a tweet about maguire's achievements in footy on one of rantz's shows. I could find the tweet but basically he has been relegated 4 times, his teams have let in higher #'s goals than before he joined and when he joined leicester the defence failed with him in it. and man utd's defence is doing terribly. he doesn't marshal the other players, is slow and yet he is the captain...

is this the record of the most expensive defender in the world?

7oDKmlGl.png

i should dig out that tweet .. or the convo.

I did something like this 2 months ago :sas2:

The red flags on the 80m.

1 appearance in European Club competition. Europa League Playoff match.

His highest finish as a PL player 9th. First season at Leicester he played all 38 games, conceded 60. Second season played 31 the team conceded 48 for the season, 43 goals when he plays.

You don't spend 80m on that.

I looked a little deeper out of interest after my initial post. What I saw :picard:

In both seasons at Leicester he played in 18 clean sheets, 9 in each season. Season 1, 29 games 60 conceded. Season 2, 23 games 43 conceded. That's nearly 2 goals a game when he plays. :scust: 1.98 to be exact.

Now he isn't too blame for all of those goals, but it doesn't look great either nor that of a leader at the back.