Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Someone translate that John Barnes tweet please.

Long and short it starts with this

But its like one continual discussion that started last night. Basically talking about Churchill (generally voted greatest Britain ever) and his WS, Hitler, WW2, Southern Africa, Mandela, Mugabe. Long and short he is teaching history to the twitter world that have no knowledge of it. Well let me stand corrected the real history and not a whitewashed one that is taught at school. Like Churchill basically being a War Criminal in Ireland and India.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Yo, why do people always complement black footballers for pace, power, strength, leaping ability, tenacity, stamina but almost never footballing brain or football IQ? The quickness black players get written for lacking it is wild, lol.​

Anyone who believes that myth about white players having a higher IQ obviously hasn’t seen Daniel James play. :hhh:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Anyone who believes that myth about white players having a higher IQ obviously hasn’t seen Daniel James play. :hhh:

4 Minute mark.

I’ll never forget this moment, all he had to do was square it to Bruno and he shoots instead. :hhh:

Bruno, Martial, Ole and the commentator wanted to throw hands with him at that moment...

Ole's reaction :pachaha:
lLkGyDk.gif

And there was another moment in the match when Bruno is through on goal, James keeps dribbling and decides to pass it 2 minutes later to a now offside Fernandes. Bruno was pissed :mjlol:

Last edited:

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal

4 Minute mark.

I’ll never forget this moment, all he had to do was square it to Bruno and he shoots instead. :hhh:

Bruno, Martial, Ole and the commentator wanted to throw hands with him at that moment...

Ole's reaction :pachaha:
lLkGyDk.gif

You read my mind breh, that's the exact moment I was thinking of. :pachaha:

I've seen 8 year old kids who would have passed it back to Bruno, dude was completely alone in space. :snoop:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yo, why do people always complement black footballers for pace, power, strength, leaping ability, tenacity, stamina but almost never footballing brain or football IQ? The quickness black players get written for lacking it is wild, lol.​

Your right, its what happens when racial stereotypes and sporting ideology get married and have a kid together and it has been done for decades. You know those very physical attributes youve mentioned also describes English/British football to a tee. :hubie: , flair players have always been held in low regard/not trusted in England by the coaches, especially at national team level. Even the players who come over from foreign leagues the first thing they always mention is the pace, power, strength differences to the English league compared to the one they have come from. Like I said youre right, but there is an element of where athleticism and size has been put on such a higher pedestal over tekkers on all levels of sport in this country for so long and unfortunately its been indoctrinated into peoples thinking one way or another. If youve grew up playing kids sunday football, schools football or sunday pub team football, you'll know exactly what i mean.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Your right, its what happens when racial stereotypes and sporting ideology get married and have a kid together and it has been done for decades. You know those very physical attributes youve mentioned also describes English/British football to a tee. :hubie: , flair players have always been held in low regard/not trusted in England by the coaches, especially at national team level. Even the players who come over from foreign leagues the first thing they always mention is the pace, power, strength differences to the English league compared to the one they have come from. Like I said youre right, but there is an element of where athleticism and size has been put on such a higher pedestal over tekkers on all levels of sport in this country for so long and unfortunately its been indoctrinated into peoples thinking one way or another. If youve grew up playing kids sunday football, schools football or sunday pub team football, you'll know exactly what i mean.

All facts

It's been a virtue of British football to get stuck in

You can even see it in the preference of :flabbynsick: white brits who gravitate towards the Championship and lower leagues as they feel it to be purer

Muddy, physical...almost rugby like football