Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I’m predicting a Man Utd loss just as bad if not worse than the Tottenham defeat. Quote me.
GeObRwu.png

Bruno been found out now. He needs to do that non stutter run up that he did in the EL
He didn't stutter against Newcastle.

We'll probably play the same formation a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶s̶t̶ ̶C̶h̶e̶l̶s̶e̶a̶.
Next six months :beli:

When Ole lucks into something he doesn't change it until wheels completely come off.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
When Ole lucks into something he doesn't change it until wheels completely come off.

He will not be playing 5 at the back against low block physical teams in the EPL.

Fred is very good against passing teams ike PSG (and Citeh btw) but not hard running big physical sides (or top 1st touch 1 touch strong passing teams) due to his 1st touch, nervous play and smaller size.

Fred is the perfect player to play against City. Fast feet. Playing very well.

He [Fred] doesn't work well with Pogba ..

Ole still cannot coach a team to play foot-forward progressive modern football .. so his nemesis will be powerful physical teams who defend well (plenty of these in the EPL) or teams like Sevilla, Barca with excellent 1 time control-and-pass all over the pitch but are also physical.

-

Anyway hopefully tonight will put to end the notion that MU players are rubbish.

Best players:

Fred 9/10
Tuanzebe 8/10
AWB 8/10
Shaw 7/10
Bruno 7/10

Ole: 8/10.

-

EDIT:

Man Utd won today in the "Gerrard-fashion" .. lacking sophistication/guile and that can only take you so far. Just view what the United players did in isolation - i.e. remove the PSG players from the field in your mind and replay the game. Viewed that way you see what is missing. Most of the actions were reactive and the bulk of the rest was meat and potatoes basic play.

Last edited:

ScottyG

Separate the boys from men
Daps
He will not be playing 5 at the back against low block physical teams in the EPL.

Fred is very good against passing teams ike PSG (and Citeh btw) but not hard running big physical sides (or top 1st touch 1 touch strong passing teams) due to his 1st touch, nervous play and smaller size.

Ole still cannot coach a team to play foot-forward progressive modern football .. so his nemesis will be powerful physical teams who defend well (plenty of these in the EPL) or teams like Sevilla, Barca with excellent 1 time control-and-pass all over the pitch but are also physical.

-

Anyway hopefully tonight will put to end the notion that MU players are rubbish.

Best players:

Fred 9/10
Tuanzebe 8/10
AWB 8/10
Shaw 7/10
Bruno 7/10

Ole: 8/10.

-

EDIT:

Man Utd won today in the "Gerrard-fashion" .. lacking sophistication/guile and that can only take you so far. Just view what the United players did in isolation - i.e. remove the PSG players from the field in your mind and replay the game. Viewed that way you see what is missing. Most of the actions were reactive and the bulk of the rest was meat and potatoes basic play.

Bruno wasn't that effective tonight. I'd give him a 5 or 6. The penalty miss was made up for, but that pass to martial across the box was poor imo.

I'm not a fan of bruno getting away with things no one else can. He makes sloppy passes in the final 3rd of the pitch far too often and never heard a word about it. Pogba playing more attacking definitely opens up the game for bruno and rashford.

Montez

Superstar
Daps

Arsenal could've handled this so much better. Instead they let the rumors fly and now have a player accusing them of being Islamophobic.

Arteta's explanations about effort in training never made sense when he essentially builds the team around a woeful Willian. On top of the team's attacking performances continuing to be horrible viewing.

Always difficult to phase out big players past their prime but this was a trainwreck. From the start Ozil has been allowed to control the narrative