Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Just watched the Fernando Torres doc. Pretty good. :ehh:

That's a great career he had overall.

Did he go into any detail about the fall off from 2010. Obviously the hamstrings, is the main injury, but did touch on being overplayed as a teen and by the time the decline was showing to be a bit more than a loss of form he had been a pro and playing for a decade.

Gooney had a similar athletic decline

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Did he go into any detail about the fall off from 2010. Not really, it seems it was blamed a little on the injury but more on the fact that he just didnt fit in at Chelsea and it was made to look like it was the Chelsea managers fault. highlighting that he did well when Rafa was in charge at Chelsea but then Jose came and everything went to shyt again.

Obviously the hamstrings, is the main injury, but did touch on being overplayed as a teen and by the time the decline was showing to be a bit more than a loss of form he had been a pro and playing for a decade. Barely mentioned the hamstrings, it was the knee injury that was mentioned. I was surprised too that much wasnt made of the injuries reducing his explosiveness. No mention about being overplayed as a youngster like it wasnt an issue but it was documented that he was already an important first teamer by 17.

Really worth a watch though.

Gooney had a similar athletic decline

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Reminds me of that PremPlus bullshyt they did back in the day...:scust:

Imagine paying £15 to watch Burnley vs West Brom.....

If the fans would come together and make the decision no one pays for it, they will fall back. :manny: Problem is, they know people cannot help themselves and will pay for it. They will use the 3pm Saturday and midweek games as a trial run, if a success, I can see them continuing with it once stadiums go back to full capacity and then at some point they will work their way up to the big games. If this model is a success, I cannot see the clubs especially the big 6 will want this discontinued. They will see the extra revenue they can make. £15 for 200k+ viewers on top of the £50-70 for 50k+ match day going fans.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Premier League just pushing people towards illegal streaming.

As per today's news there will be two Chelsea games on PPV this month. Why the fukk would I pay an additional £30 when I can easily find an NBC stream in perfect quality? :mjtf:

Since games went behind closed doors, paying for the monthly pass on NOWTV felt like great value for money as I got Premier League footy + NBA. Now that the basketball season is over I'm gonna cancel that shyt and go back to streaming full time. :manny:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Premier League just pushing people towards illegal streaming.

As per today's news there will be two Chelsea games on PPV this month. Why the fukk would I pay an additional £30 when I can easily find an NBC stream in perfect quality? :mjtf:

Since games went behind closed doors, paying for the monthly pass on NOWTV felt like great value for money as I got Premier League footy + NBA. Now that the basketball season is over I'm gonna cancel that shyt and go back to streaming full time. :manny:

I just watch the watch along shows on YouTube.

Only game I've seen since Corona was the last league game against Pool

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just watch the watch along shows on YouTube.

Only game I've seen since Corona was the last league game against Pool

You ain't missing much tbh fam. Plus we live in an age of instant highlights.

I remember a few years ago some dude was streaming a big boxing fight on youtube, via the reflection of his sunglasses. Thousands of people legit watching the fight this way:russ::dead: