Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
So I was just catching up on the Eredivisie I missed over the weekend, and that Sparta Rotterdam/AZ match was fukking wild even by the standards of this weekend. Sparta went down four goals inside the first 35 minutes, got a goal back off the keeper illegally picking up the ball, the keeper got sent off for another yellow card to allow Sparta to cut the lead to one goal, and then Sparta equalized a couple minutes later and saved a point. In truth, they should have probably won late because they had a very clear-cut opportunity.

It was incredibly entertaining and took the sting off of Ajax doing pretty much nothing with a whole bunch of possession at Groningen.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Gilver gone playboy :mjgrin:

Well he's the one who can change it. And if he's gone then :umad:

:mjgrin:

Is it the RIP Tiki Taka part, that is annoying? If it's the OFT part as well then you can :camby:

Y'all already stripped the soul away from the thread, it only has its name left. Surely as a Manchester United fan you can appreciate that :mjgrin:

Last edited:

naijaboi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NaijaToLAViaATL
It’s rough, because he’s the prototypical Simeone player. There’s not a lot of guys that can buy into the system mentally and also have the physical tools necessary to thrive under Cholo. I really hoped he would be a guy like Saul or Koke that would be a midfield general for years.

Going to Arsenal will probably give him a better chance to showcase the offensive part of his game like he does with Ghana. But with that said I hope he flops and ends up back at Atleti two years from now.

Yeah really hope so. From what I've seen he is more than just a defensive player.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
So I was just catching up on the Eredivisie I missed over the weekend, and that Sparta Rotterdam/AZ match was fukking wild even by the standards of this weekend. Sparta went down four goals inside the first 35 minutes, got a goal back off the keeper illegally picking up the ball, the keeper got sent off for another yellow card to allow Sparta to cut the lead to one goal, and then Sparta equalized a couple minutes later and saved a point. In truth, they should have probably won late because they had a very clear-cut opportunity.

It was incredibly entertaining and took the sting off of Ajax doing pretty much nothing with a whole bunch of possession at Groningen.
Ajax has been terrible so far and crazy they got the same manager who took em the semis. They been using laybad as a striker when he clearly looks like he’s not comfortable in that role not tadic instead

Daps
Ajax has been terrible so far and crazy they got the same manager who took em the semis. They been using laybad as a striker when he clearly looks like he’s not comfortable in that role not tadic instead

To be fair, that squad from two years ago got entirely picked apart as anyone would have guessed.

You are right, though that ten Hag should just play Tadic in that role. Ajax has no finishing edge up front. Lots of shots, can't put any of them on goal in a threatening way.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Well he's the one who can change it. And if he's gone then :umad:

:mjgrin:

Is it the RIP Tiki Taka part, that is annoying? If it's the OFT part as well then you can :camby:

Y'all already stripped the soul away from the thread, it only has its name left. Surely as a Manchester United fan you can appreciate that :mjgrin:

Yeah the tiki taka part. Lol and leave mu alone fam

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Solidarity with the akh Ozil. :salute:

Arsenal been treating him like shyt ever since he stood up for Uighurs so let him keep embarrassing them.

Ozil - "I have given a lot to Arsenal, on and off the pitch, so the reaction was disappointing. They said they don't get involved in politics but this isn't politics and they have got involved in other issues.

"In America, we saw George Floyd killed and the world spoke up to say Black Lives Matter, and that is correct. We are all equal and it's a good thing that people fight against injustice.

"There are a lot of black players and fans of Arsenal and it's fantastic the club is backing them.

"But I wish people would have done the same for the Muslims because Arsenal have many Muslim players and fans as well, and it is important for the world to say that Muslim Lives Matter."

:mjpls: @thatrapsfan