Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
@Montez @mastermind I hear Willian
put on another disasterclass today. Can you confirm before I start doing my googles:mjpls:

giphy.gif

I'm Nico Pepe and Mesut Ozil FC fam. :jawalrus:

He's useless on the right. Better in the middle but he has no eye for a pass. Just a worker. Rather have Ozil play off Willian or no Willian at all.

About half of the league need CBs.

Let's see who manages to get rid of their shyt ones. :mjgrin:

Assna got 15 of those, LESSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO

EnviousLazyBoubou-size_restricted.gif

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Love how the leagues are evening out though... That Arab/Russian/Glazer money bought trophies in the past but it can't buy heart...

Its not just that. But some of these big teams were playing a lot of games after Project Restart and in Europe. The thing with City is that Pep teams after a few years get found out. And he doesn't have Messi/Xavi/Iniesta this time. While KDB is arguably the best midfielder in the world he's not Xavi.

Klopp teams end up running out of gas and the he has to refresh personnel. Liverpool look like that right now. Outside of the front three, everyone else on the team looks tired. And they are making mental mistakes because of it. To be honest, the game against Arsenal shouldn't have been that close. If Lacazette puts away that 1v1 with Alisson I'm not sure they would have won that match.

And with ManU, like I said earlier, a couple of good results were band-aids over bullet wounds. Man U has had problems for the better part of the 2010's. As an Arsenal fan, I know a poor defensive line when I see one. And I'm going to be honest, Maguire + ANY LIVING SOUL is looking shambolic.

All of these teams have weak points, but winning heals all wounds.
But I wouldn't be shocked if you DO see some new names in the top 4. You look at Everton's experiment, Arsenal's young players, Villa, Leeds....etc.

While some people might be thinking "oh wow, international break, thank god." I don't think that's a good thing. That's a whole extra week to walk around with these big scarlet letters on you. The Pundits, Twitter, Podcasts all of it could give two fukks about next weekend. They'll be talking about these results CONSTANTLY. I can't wait until I listen to my shows tomorrow.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Dembele to United looks like it will happen with Memphis gon to Barca

Who brings in Allardyce, Klopp or Pep?

Last edited: