Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Lampard's a fukking imbecile. Chelsea finally have some modicum of depth at a couple of positions after being the shallowest, most top heavy squad in the PL top 4 for years... and he immediately loans every halfway decent player that isn't a starter out to anyone who asks. While keeping trash like Drinkwater rotting on the wage bill doing nothing. And it's not like they've haven't already had 3+ starters miss time due to injury right out the gate this season, or never had midfielders suffer injuries in the middle of the season like clockwork every damn year. Now when he inevitably runs Mount into the ground playing him ~90 minutes every game every week he'll have no one left but hobbled ass RLC to turn to (the one guy who SHOULD have been loaned out before/over anyone else :dead:).

But then again this is the same idiot who's been playing Jorginho over Havertz and Mason fukking Mount on the goddam wings thinking that's a legit substitute for Pulisic and Ziyech, so it's not like he has any clue how to use any of the players he has on his squad to begin with. :mjlol: :unimpressed:

The state of this post:mjlol:

Breh:
  1. Barkley inst good enough for Chelsea.
  2. No one will take Drinkwater because he's on exorbitant wages and lacks professionalism
  3. Jorgihno and Havertz play in different positions. Havertz also a new signing who is taking time to adapt.
  4. You do realise Pulisic and Ziyech are both out injured
Lampard has his limitations, but these points aint it.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
hiqltrG.jpg

Kogo0am.png

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils
Yeah you did, like so many other needs the team has.

That isnt telling the whole truth tho is it? He only had 6 months left on his contract, so he would of phucked off from Everton anyway. The move benefited both player as he stagnated and needed a move away from the Merseyside goldfish bowl + the club got money for their academy player.

He's the one who decided to run his contract down by refusing to sign a new deal, Everton aren't the ones who decided to get rid so what kernel of truth did I miss out exactly? I'm not even saying that he should have stayed at Everton what I'm saying is that he should have prioritised playing time. He could have left Everton and went somewhere he'd know that when fit he'd start most if not all of the matches. Both things can be true at the same time. He didn't have to go to Chelsea. Leicester for one were looking for players with his general profile around the same time which is why Puel went for Maddison that summer and then Tielemans in the winter before Rodgers replaced him. That's a move that comes with regular and sustained playing time.

That’s his level at best

Right now yeah I'm not saying he would have been a world beater or the player Evertonians seemed to think he'd be but he's definitely regressed because he spent the years when players begin to put the pieces together being rotated for Kovačič and sitting on the bench. He'd be a better player or at least be able to fool people into thinking he's a better player had he been getting the added experience of regular game time and the confidence of knowing that when he's fit he'll play a significant role for the team. Now he's entering his prime years playing catch up.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
He's the one who decided to run his contract down by refusing to sign a new deal, Everton aren't the ones who decided to get rid so what kernel of truth did I miss out exactly? I'm not even saying that he should have stayed at Everton what I'm saying is that he should have prioritised playing time. He could have left Everton and went somewhere he'd know that when fit he'd start most if not all of the matches. Both things can be true at the same time. He didn't have to go to Chelsea. Leicester for one were looking for players with his general profile around the same time which is why Puel went for Maddison that summer and then Tielemans in the winter before Rodgers replaced him. That's a move that comes with regular and sustained playing time.

His development stagnated, he wanted play with better players and win trophies.

"I am ambitious and I want to win trophies and Chelsea are always known to win trophies and challenge for all the cups. That was purely my decision, to win things and challenge myself and play with world-class players.

"I have got to a level where I feel I needed to make the jump to Chelsea and push myself and get myself to a better level and playing with world-class players here is only going to help."

"I am obsessed with improving. I want to get to a level where I am regarded as one of the best and coming to a club like Chelsea if the right platform to improve.

"I want to be regarded as a world-class midfielder. At the moment I have a lot of potential and a lot of world-class attributes and I want to showcase that at a massive club like Chelsea and win things and be regarded as a top quality player.

Going to Leicester isnt going to offer that.

Moving from Everton to Leicester is a sideways move in 2018, especially when Spurs and Chelsea were interested in Summer 2017 and only Barkleys injuries stopped him completing the move to Chelsea in the first place in the summer.

"I had a massive injury, which was really bad. I ruptured my hamstring and before that I had surgery two weeks earlier on a hernia, so before the season has even started I had two surgeries.

"At the time I couldn't even walk, I was in a brace for six weeks and couldn't put any pressure through my legs so I didn't feel it was right to make a move at the time. I wanted to weigh up all my options and really think about what I am going to do with the next stage of my career.

"I have never had a muscle injury before, it was a weird one in training, I went in for a tackle, slipped and felt a pop at the top end of my hamstring and I pulled the tendon off the bone. It was really bad.

"After a few days I was having surgery in London and my future was all up in the air and I thought it was best to focus on getting fit, which took a while, and then I thought this was the right move for me."

:dead: James Maddison in 2018 wasnt the same profile as Ross Barkley. James Maddison was a player whose career was spent in the lower leagues and in Scotland.

And Ross Barkley is also the same player who said this

"Over the years I haven't really been coached much,"

"When you go through the youth system, you're always going in to do analysis work, you're looking at every way of improving and your coaches are always on top of you.

"And once you go into the first team it can change, because game to game managers are focusing on weekly results, not player development.

"That's just the way it can go. Some players are more fortunate than others to have coaches fully focused on improvement.

"I believe that if I did have that type of approach from a coach when I was younger then maybe I would have improved a lot more.

"Where I am right now is where I believe I should be."