Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
PSGs lack of a good midfield really showed in this match.
You're one nil behind, you need your midfield to take control of the game, but no, we had Neymar having to drop deep to try and create shyt...
Shocking how directors cant see shyt that is clear to even novice fans
I don't know... the way the team is constructed I'm reluctant to put the blame squarely on the midfield. They have to be oriented more defensively to compensate for the front three, so you're not going to get as much going forward. I thought they did their job:yeshrug:

If anything, the big money players upfront were the ones that left a lot to be desired

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We speak on the lack of playmakers and even strikers but in general, midfields are dead too. We also got ball playing defenders who can't really defend.

Seba Veron, Xabi Alonso, Scholes, Redondo would be 80M players today.

there is NO WAY any of those listed apart from maybe Redondo would value as much as Harry F Maguire

Veron & Scholes about 130 each
Xabi about 100 as well

that is assuming of course Maguire the greek god is actually worth close to 80 mil...

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Rent free.

More like bullying. Arsenal need someone to take their frustrations of the last several years out on someone, and that someone is Spurs. If Spurs had managed to win the CL final they wouldn't have been so "accepting" of a 8th place finish this season.

I don't remember hearing so much talk of bottling and empty trophy cabinets 15-20 years ago.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
More like bullying. Arsenal need someone to take their frustrations of the last several years out on someone, and that someone is Spurs. If Spurs had managed to win the CL final they wouldn't have been so "accepting" of a 8th place finish this season.

I don't remember hearing so much talk of bottling and empty trophy cabinets 15-20 years ago.

Its a bit of both really.

I much preferred it when it was Spurs punching upwards and Arsenal was the unmitigated best team in London. But to say Spurs haven't improved (well not so much in 2019) is just a lie.

In terms of the UCL final...

PSG are doomed to NEVER win the UCL...I'm starting to truly believe that. Same for Man City. Oil money cursed in the game :russ:

Anyway, I knew PSG never stood a chance when the starting midfield was Ander Herrera, Marquinos, and Parades....that's not a UCL winning middle of the park. Thiago danced around them fools, Goretzka was too strong, Muller too...whatever the fukk Muller does, but it was too much of it for PSG.

No service to Neymar and Mbappe...NONE. The goal was almost comical how simple it was.

BTW

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: @ Coutinho getting shipped off to Barca..then Liverpool win UCL...only to get booed to a loan with Bayern...and win a UCL. I hope he comes back to Barca and shyts all over that boardroom. :russ:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

pRbJaLM.png

Daps
Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Captain America, Hudson Odoi, Tammy Abraham... that's one of the best attacking lineups in all of Europe, forget just the Premiere League. :merchant: All of em besides Ziyech so young too, Abramovich bout to show all these other oligarch backed clubs spending billions just to bottle the CL as always how it's done once again:wow:

Marina bout to wrap up Havertz, Chilwell, and Thiago Silva all in one day... meanwhile Ed Woodward somehow lost the Sancho race when MU were the only ones in the running :bryan::francis:

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Chelsea conceded 79 goals this season IIRC, I don’t see how Silva and Chilwell significantly cut that down, especially with Lampard not being defensively astute. If it falls significantly to me that’ll be more because as above said, lethal attack which makes opponents switch off. Top teams aren’t gonna be as shook though, unless they do bring in that A1 keeper as well. We’ll see