Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So, I was checking out the occasional tifo video that comes up in my YT recommendations, and what stood out was how significantly lower the match day income for City was compared to Liverpool. I figured this may have been attributed to a difference in stadium capacity, but turns out the difference seats is negligible but the primary driver being ticket price. So, I looked up average (season) ticket prices and I am shocked at who the two most expensive clubs are (and its by a significant margin!) given their lack of recent success:

10. Manchester City - £637.50
9. West Ham United - £647.50
8. AFC Bournemouth - £655
7. Brighton & Hove Albion - £690
6. Crystal Palace - £705
5. Manchester United - £741
4. Liverpool - £755
3. Chelsea - £922.50
2. Arsenal - £1,329.50
1. Tottenham Hotspur - £1,395

You'll have to pardon my ignorance, 'cause I clearly have no clue how Arsenal and Tottenham (who are so close to each other) can demand these prices aside from being in London, and having newer stadiums. Neither of which seem to count as much for Chelsea, and City.

Can someone explain this?

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, I was checking out the occasional tifo video that comes up in my YT recommendations, and what stood out was how significantly lower the match day income for City was compared to Liverpool. I figured this may have been attributed to a difference in stadium capacity, but turns out the difference seats is negligible but the primary driver being ticket price. So, I looked up average (season) ticket prices and I am shocked at who the two most expensive clubs are (and its by a significant margin!) given their lack of recent success:

6. Crystal Palace - £705
4. Liverpool - £755
3. Chelsea - £922.50
2. Arsenal - £1,329.50

You'll have to pardon my ignorance, 'cause I clearly have no clue how Arsenal and Tottenham (who are so close to each other) can demand these prices aside from being in London, and having newer stadiums. Neither of which seem to count as much for Chelsea, and City.

Wiv Spurs & Gunners S&M is guaranteed and permanently included in the admission price so you don't pay extra, it's kind of a deal so it pays off. Used to be the same at Anfield but Kloppo change it. Arsenal would be first but Tottenham have years of experience on them. Anyway hope that answers your question.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Wiv Spurs & Gunners S&M is guaranteed and permanently included in the admission price so you don't pay extra, it's kind of a deal so it pays off. Used to be the same at Anfield but Kloppo change it. Arsenal would be first but Tottenham have years of experience on them. Anyway hope that answers your question.
PlainBackEquestrian-size_restricted.gif

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

6. Crystal Palace - £705
4. Liverpool - £755
3. Chelsea - £922.50
2. Arsenal - £1,329.50

Just the London location, why do you think West Ham and Crystal Palace are in the top 10.