Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Not even MOYES would say this bullshyt :mjlol:

Larry Ole gotta go

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

I can see the argument for and against. But IMO that wasn't a hand ball by Sissoko, meanwhile McBurnie was making every effort to move his arm away from the ball.

The rule is confusing AF but one team seems to be unscathed through all this.

Montez

Superstar
Daps

10th April 2020 - Wolves 2 - 0 Arsenal - Get this bomboclaat out of my club! (Troopz Rant)
maxresdefault.jpg

Troopz football knowledge is horrible. It's concerning.

It is said that the pair had an angry confrontation while one of the visiting players lay injured, with Lacazette not shy to show his anger.

The incident follows on from a similar, albeit less heated exchange between Kieran Tierney and Emery earlier this month, and suggestions that players are struggling to understand the Spaniard.

Lacazette in 'angry exchange' with Emery as pressure grows on Arsenal boss

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Tbh, most football/sports fans knowledge is limited to a degree :ld:

Using Troopz tweet as an example. He knows Allegri, but doesn't know Allegri. He knows the resume and reputation of him being a good coach (which he is). But doesn't know that the day to day style of play is more functional than exciting and that Allegri been fortunate that his success with Milan and Juve has been because he had by far the best squad in the league. So he was doing what he was suppose to do.

Even tho, I will say his best coaching season was his 3rd season with Milan. When he lost 13-14 senior players the previous summer and got them 3rd and finished with the season with a 14 game unbeaten run. Also got the 2-0 win vs Barca as well that year.

Like clubs in Spain and Portugal are known for playing technical football. But if you look at the majority of Iberian coaches who have coached in the PL, they've been more functional/negative in approach of setting their teams up, week in week out.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Tbh, most football/sports fans knowledge is limited to a degree :ld:

Using Troopz tweet as an example. He knows Allegri, but doesn't know Allegri. He knows the resume and reputation of him being a good coach (which he is). But doesn't know that the day to day style of play is more functional than exciting and that Allegri been fortunate that his success with Milan and Juve has been because he had by far the best squad in the league. So he was doing what he was suppose to do.

Even tho, I will say his best coaching season was his 3rd season with Milan. When he lost 13-14 senior players the previous summer and got them 3rd and finished with the season with a 14 game unbeaten run. Also got the 2-0 win vs Barca as well that year.

You right, absolutely right. They see the name but Allegri's style won't fly with this Arsenal team. Time for Allegri was probably after Wenger, Emery has killed the brand so much, fans just looking to be excited at this point.

Like clubs in Spain and Portugal are known for playing technical football. But if you look at the majority of Iberian coaches who have coached in the PL, they've been more functional/negative in approach of setting their teams up, week in week out.

It's true. Maybe the quality of the flair players shields them from the criticism but Iberian managers are for the most part, boring. French are too. Germans are way more exciting and I think match what we want. Arteta is my choice, I rather be bold than settle for a Mourinho clone.

Germany or England, would be the only place I look at. Max Rose or Arteta.

I just want everyone at Arsenal fired, Raul and the Spanish fools gots to go.

That's it.

Raul got credit for buying players but his football knowledge and intelligence is lacking.

Maybe we are broke but the longer you keep Emery, the more toxic the situation becomes. At some point, this will start creeping upstairs, if it hasn't already. It's already got Xhaka and a few players are about to be in the firing line (Lacazette, Guendouzi, Sokratis, Luiz, Torreira).

The fact this board and Raul in particular let Emery come back after 2 weeks off and they believe he can right the ship, is demoralizing.