Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Rashford has gotten run for 4 seasons. I'm not shytting on him, he just ain't Ruud Van Nistelrooy. United needs a Ruud Van Nistelrooy.
My point is Ruud Van Nistletooy was 25 when he went to United and played for a hell of a squad. Also, he damn near scored a hundred goals in the eredivisie before coming to the premier league. I am by no means a Rashford stan, he’s had 150 starts all over the front line with 3 different managers and a shyt squad and has been marginal BUT dude is just 21. Give him a few more years then be categorical.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Ibra 28, Lukaku 27.

C dot is the only United forward player to hit 30 in a league season.

RVN x3, Gooney x2, RVP x1 and C dot x1 the only players to score 30+ in a season

All comps

I don't think people recognize how rare it was in the 2000s era. Other top Premier League strikers only crossed 30 in all competitions a handful of times: Drogba twice, Torres once, van Persie twice. Henry was the exception, he did it five years on the bounce :wow: excluding Henry, that's only 12 times in a decade that any striker playing in England got more than 30 in all competitions in a season. So basically only the very best striker (after Henry) in the country in a given season dropped more than 30.

In the 2010s era it's been a lot more common, but I still think it's unreasonable to say that a striker who doesn't get 30 a season isn't good enough to start for the major Premier League teams

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think people recognize how rare it was in the 2000s era. Other top Premier League strikers only crossed 30 in all competitions a handful of times: Drogba twice, Torres once, van Persie twice. Henry was the exception, he did it five years on the bounce :wow: excluding Henry, that's only 12 times in a decade that any striker playing in England got more than 30 in all competitions in a season. So basically only the very best striker (after Henry) in the country in a given season dropped more than 30.

In the 2010s era it's been a lot more common, but I still think it's unreasonable to say that a striker who doesn't get 30 a season isn't good enough to start for the major Premier League teams

Put some respect of my nikkas name, you missed out Ruud Van Nistelrooy. Hit 30 in all competitions each of his first 30 seasons for man United including 44 goals in 52 games his second season.

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ignore me just read the whole convo. I agree tho, lukaku was judged super harshly

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Put some respect of my nikkas name, you missed out Ruud Van Nistelrooy. Hit 30 in all competitions each of his first 30 seasons for man United including 44 goals in 52 games his second season.

All the United players were already mentioned in the quote I replied to

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
While we're talking about 2000s era strikers, this man was the best of them all in my opinion :salute:

gettyimages-585963412-e1567864666427.jpg

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I guess no one else is watching the arsenal game. After seeing Xhaka in the starting line up, I didn’t want to watch it either.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I guess no one else is watching the arsenal game. After seeing Xhaka in the starting line up, I didn’t want to watch it either.

I'm watching. Arsenal just trying to counter attack.

Looks like the old Stoke - Arsenal matches. Completely chaos.

Pepe just missed a sitter.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
And of course we go 1-0 down. So embarrassing.

We're taking on too much pressure and our attackers have to run too much. Pepe and Auba about to be gassed.

I'm happy to lose here. Arsenal fans bragging about being a point behind City and saying Liverpool didn't win at OT so our draw was a good result is embarrassing.

Thought that was a penalty but no need for the yellow card. Wasn't a dive.