Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Would the light skin dude consider himself black though, especially in Brazil:jbhmm:.

He definitely considers himself black...

In the post game interview Machado made a strong declaration against racism.

For me we live in a society with institutionalized and structural racism. It’s hard when I go to a restaurant and I’m the only black person there. Even when I went to college I was the only black person there. People might say it’s not racism because I’m black and I’m able to be in those places, but I say it’s racism because I’m the only one black person that you see there.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I counted like only 15 that actually made it. 16 if you count Bojan

From that list, players with respectable careers

Pato, dos Santos, Bale, Aguero, ADM, Benzema, Coentrao, Fellaini, Kroos, Mata, Ozil, Augusto, Richards, Sanchez, Rakitic, Vela, Walcott, van der Wiel, Banega - 19. 20 if you count Bojan.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
From that list, players with respectable careers

Pato, dos Santos, Bale, Aguero, ADM, Benzema, Coentrao, Fellaini, Kroos, Mata, Ozil, Augusto, Richards, Sanchez, Rakitic, Vela, Walcott, van der Wiel, Banega - 19. 20 if you count Bojan.

Didn't count Richards and Van der Wiel. Counted Anderson tho

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
"Krasimir Balakov has insisted English football has more of a problem with racism than Bulgaria despite the Euro 2020 qualifier on Monday night being held in a partially closed stadium. Uefa imposed sanctions after incidents during Bulgaria’s matches against Kosovo and the Czech Republic in June."

"In response last week the Bulgarian football union president, Boris Mihaylov, urged Uefa to take action against England, and Balakov – a member of the celebrated side which reached the semi-finals of the 1994 World Cup – was similarly dismissive about the potential for any issues.

What I can say is that I don’t think we have a problem :duck:,” he said. “In the Bulgarian championship, we have a lot of players of different ethnicities and skin colour. I don’t think we have as big a problem like, for example, England do. I would like to focus on football because at the end of the day we are all civilised Europeans :mjpls:and we are all working for this sport. That is all that matters.”

Asked to elaborate on his comments about England, Balakov said: “What I meant was that in the Bulgarian championship we’ve not had such problems. While there have been incidents in various levels of English football involving racism, which I consider something normal because it’s a big country with a very diverse population. But we don’t have this problem in Bulgaria, I can assure you of that.”"

Bulgaria’s Krasimir Balakov says English game has more of an issue with racism

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't they sign Sanchez too because city wanted him? :russ:

0zwvZyX.png
Yep!

pTLu1ar.png
The MUGS!

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
"Krasimir Balakov has insisted English football has more of a problem with racism than Bulgaria despite the Euro 2020 qualifier on Monday night being held in a partially closed stadium. Uefa imposed sanctions after incidents during Bulgaria’s matches against Kosovo and the Czech Republic in June."

"In response last week the Bulgarian football union president, Boris Mihaylov, urged Uefa to take action against England, and Balakov – a member of the celebrated side which reached the semi-finals of the 1994 World Cup – was similarly dismissive about the potential for any issues.

What I can say is that I don’t think we have a problem :duck:,” he said. “In the Bulgarian championship, we have a lot of players of different ethnicities and skin colour. I don’t think we have as big a problem like, for example, England do. I would like to focus on football because at the end of the day we are all civilised Europeans :mjpls:and we are all working for this sport. That is all that matters.”

Asked to elaborate on his comments about England, Balakov said: “What I meant was that in the Bulgarian championship we’ve not had such problems. While there have been incidents in various levels of English football involving racism, which I consider something normal because it’s a big country with a very diverse population. But we don’t have this problem in Bulgaria, I can assure you of that.”"

Bulgaria’s Krasimir Balakov says English game has more of an issue with racism

Call them brehs gypsies and see how they react.

:hubie: