Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Z2RdxMv_d.jpg

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Yeah Laporte is supposed to be back by January or so. I imagine they'll look like a completely different side with him back. He is far and away City's best defender.

January is very generous. It's a six month injury and he's been out for only 4 weeks.

Pep might be better moving Walker inside and starting Zinchenko and Cancelo on the flanks. They're probably not going to be able to sign a suitable replacement in January either because any new signing will have to agree to be benched once Stones and Laporte return.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Aston Villa are making racist chants about Marvelous Nakamba now?

Apparently about him being a "slave" and Mcginn being the "master"

‘his Dad’s a Rasta, McGinn’s his master, his c*ock’s f*cking massive

:mjpls:

Villians are dealing with this quickly though so kudos to them.

Birmingham defo ain't from Harlem :dame:

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a city fan i think the backline is too far gone to 'expect' anything special to happen this year. although i could see teams thinking they can open up against us and punish themselves.

but we have to remember its the first Q of the season. Anythign can happen as we have seen with injuries for us it can happen to any team at any point. but something about our back four when the injuries come for those players they seem to linger forever (im looking at you stones and mendy).

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

funny part is this schedule looks normal to me. but a few loses to the top teams and draws against those mid table teams. fire alarms gonna be goin off at old trafford. but i think youll see ole fired before spurs match if you lose to pool and have 1 or 2 bad results before spurs

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
funny part is this schedule looks normal to me. but a few loses to the top teams and draws against those mid table teams. fire alarms gonna be goin off at old trafford. but i think youll see ole fired before spurs match if you lose to pool and have 1 or 2 bad results before spurs

If Liverpool go all Mexican Cartel on them and they don't beat Norwich or Bournemouth, he gone. They 5 points from 6th now, it could be 12-14 points behind before the next home game.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Liverpool go all Mexican Cartel on them and they don't beat Norwich or Bournemouth, he gone. They 5 points from 6th now, it could be 12-14 points behind before the next home game.
:banderas: i cant help but enjoy this because i remember 12 years ago united fans saying city would never finsih above them. :lolbron: kikiki got text saying pep is a fraud. that maybe but you would hire that fraud in a heartbeat if you could

Edit: ive come to terms as well liverpool are gonna win a league this season or next or the one after so im not worried about trying to stop them from it. part of me feels like under different circumstances we could all agree they deserve it. all fandom aside

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
I would've been more nicer to this nightmare Ole situation if he didn't halfass the youth approach...look at what Lampard is doing with Chelsea. You can't say Greenwood is our best finisher but then you either bench him put him on for 15 minutes and say "Give it your best Mason:mjgrin:" Or decide to make him switch flanks and put Daniel James in the middle, as well as keeping Angel Gomes on the bench when we need a CAM with legs..... either play him or just switch back to 4-3-3 :upsetfavre:
Typical Utd scenario is we beat Liverpool at home then we lose to Norwich & Bournemouth cause our away form is Vanarama midtable national league status. Cause I still remember us beating Liverpool and then losing to midtable Sevilla because Maureen decided to play Fellaini and Matic in a midfield with Pogba on the bench :beli:

Only saving grace is Klopp usually shyts the bed when they play at the Nyquil stadium, but I don't know this time around :mjcry:
But if Liverpool do beat us on the 20th, then I guess Klopp did us a favour 2 years in a row :manny:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I would've been more nicer to this nightmare Ole situation if he didn't halfass the youth approach...look at what Lampard is doing with Chelsea. You can't say Greenwood is our best finisher but then you either bench him put him on for 15 minutes and say "Give it your best Mason:mjgrin:" Or decide to make him switch flanks and put Daniel James in the middle, as well as keeping Angel Gomes on the bench when we need a CAM with legs..... either play him or just switch back to 4-3-3 :upsetfavre:
Typical Utd scenario is we beat Liverpool at home then we lose to Norwich & Bournemouth cause our away form is Vanarama midtable national league status. Cause I still remember us beating Liverpool and then losing to midtable Sevilla because Maureen decided to play Fellaini and Matic in a midfield with Pogba on the bench :beli:

Only saving grace is Klopp usually shyts the bed when they play at the Nyquil stadium, but I don't know this time around :mjcry:
But if Liverpool do beat us on the 20th, then I guess Klopp did us a favour 2 years in a row :manny:

On paper what OGS and Lampard are trying to do are similar, bringing in the youth. Then when you look closer, Tammy, Tomori, Mount and Reece James have combine about 300 career club games away from Chelsea. United young players still at potty training level when it comes to experience.