Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
Emery is not going to push us forward. I'd love Allegri but based on his comments about Arsenal that'll never happen. We play out the back and we barely have any press resistant players and/or players acclimated for that style of play.​

The Bookie

I live by two words: Fcuk you, pay me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Pepe Julian Onziema looking like 2012 Gervinho. We got fleeced.

AMN got ZERO protection today. How many times did we need to see Deulofeu molest him before somebody gave him some cover?

Leno:blessed:

Disasterclass from Nelson.

Don't care if he scores, Aubameyang is a B-class player, at best. Horrendous all-round game and football IQ.

Emery out.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Emery out. We’re terrible and we’ll never achieve anything with this lack of defensive structure. His strategy made no sense and his subs were poorly timed.

Poorly timed and poorly ordered. He went:

Willock 4 Ceballos
Torreira 4 Guendouzi
Nelson 4 Ozil

It should have been:

Torreira 4 Ozil (and move Ceballos forward and Torreira back - at least Ceballos presses from the front)
Willock 4 Guendouzi (because he had a poor game)

Then if you want to go defensive if its still 2-1 you can bring on Chambers for someone attacking (Pepe)

• Dap
Reactions: EA

Montez

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

At you nikkas finally waking up.

But no @Montez, he deserves a season. He needs his players.

ActualUnpleasantFish-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
When we get pressed we continue to play out the back, before Sokratis' error Guendouzi made a similar error twice that could've easily led to goals. Sokratis is not a player that fits that system. If Xhaka ain't giving up penalties then it's David Luiz. Guendouzi is still young so he gets a bly somewhat. Every counterattack after Watford equalized was extinguished due to the youth we had on the field in Reiss and Willock, they both got shubbed off with ease. Watford took almost 4 times as many shots as us. Game management was horrendous.​

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
The guys I know that support Arsenal are finally admitting that I was right all along when I said Emery wasn’t going to be a good manager for us. There’s a reason why PSG sacked him and there’s a reason why he’s won 3 Europa titles in a row.

Poorly timed and poorly ordered. He went:

Willock 4 Ceballos
Torreira 4 Guendouzi
Nelson 4 Ozil

It should have been:

Torreira 4 Ozil (and move Ceballos forward and Torreira back - at least Ceballos presses from the front)
Willock 4 Guendouzi (because he had a poor game)

Then if you want to go defensive if its still 2-1 you can bring on Chambers for someone attacking (Pepe)

The Willock for Ceballos one really made me scratch my head because it’s pretty much a like for like replacement. Despite us going 2 up, it was evident that you can’t play Ozil and Ceballos in the same lineup because they occupy the same space centrally. We had literally nothing going down the left hand side if Kolasinac wasn’t bombing forward.

I don’t even know what system we were supposed to be playing with because Auba spent the majority of the second half on the left wing.

We’re almost 18 months into this Emery experiment and I still don’t know what his preferred formation and/or tactics are. He’s a tinkerman that refuses to play his best team or drop players that are clearly liabilities.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Emery out. We’re terrible and we’ll never achieve anything with this lack of defensive structure. His strategy made no sense and his subs were poorly timed.

If he's not gone by the end of the season, maybe sooner, then I'm going to be seriously baffled at this club's purported direction.

Tactically a mess half the time, can't seem to motivate the squad on the road at all, the team continues to make the same mistakes that marred the end of the Wenger era...how much is it going to take before people seriously want this guy out?

I probably need to rewatch some of those really awful ManU and Chelsea beatings, but I can't remember Arsenal playing a worse 60 minutes of football than this match since I started watching them.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Pepe looking worse than Salomon Kalo. We really need to start a dialogue.

@mastermind @frush11 @Montez

giphy.gif

Emery is not going to push us forward. I'd love Allegri but based on his comments about Arsenal that'll never happen. We play out the back and we barely have any press resistant players and/or players acclimated for that style of play.​

Mourinho rest of the season then Arteta.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
If he's not gone by the end of the season, maybe sooner, then I'm going to be seriously baffled at this club's purported direction.

Tactically a mess half the time, can't seem to motivate the squad on the road at all, the team continues to make the same mistakes that marred the end of the Wenger era...how much is it going to take before people seriously want this guy out?

I probably need to rewatch some of those really awful ManU and Chelsea beatings, but I can't remember Arsenal playing a worse 60 minutes of football than this match since I started watching them.

He’s not addressed any of the issues we had during Wenger’s final years. Since he’s been managing us, we lead the league in errors that lead to a goal. Yes, personnel is a reason for that but it also shows that he’s not done anything to coach those errors away.

I’m also certain he’s going to sabotage our young players because he’s showing a trend of only bringing them on when we’re in tough spot. People are going to turn on Willock and Nelson soon because he only brings them on when we’re playing shyt and their mess ups are heightened.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

Mourinho rest of the season then Arteta.
I thought Pulisic was going to be the worst transfer of the summer but Pepe is outdoing him at the moment.

At least that yank scrub will sell some shirts in the states before we sell him to the MLS. Pepe going back to Lille on loan in January 2021 at this rate.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Pepe looking worse than Salomon Kalo. We really need to start a dialogue.

@mastermind @frush11 @Montez
You not going to see me say anything until he scores a goal. He looks terrible.

My agendas this season:
Emery Out
Ozil balling and making Arsenal fans mad (he did today)
Iwobi becoming that guy for Everton

I don’t know why/how people still support Emery.