Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
But why the fukk is Ole starting a left winger from the championship on the right side?

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
There are 4-5 players in United's starting XI that actually deserve to be in a United starting XI: Pogba, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, De Gea and maaaaaaaybe Martial depending on the players around him and his general disposition. And we just saw Maguire and De Gea make crucial, game-killing mistakes during this match against Palace.

Everyone else varies between squad player and waste. Like...what does Lingard even fukking do? McTominay? Come on, we all know Pogba can be pretty inconsistent at times, but people have to wonder why he can be so great for France and then have his performances vary so much with United. Maybe if he didn't have to do so much for the squad and had the opportunity to exercise his creativity more, then he might not get so much shyt. Watch the pundits say Pogba should've done more when he damn near created United's goal by himself.

I had an argument with a Mancunian ex-pat about whether Arsenal or Man U were in a worse position during the Champions League final, each of us arguing that our teams were worse off. I thought that because Arsenal had (and to an extent, still does have) so much to turn over in its squad that it would take nearly a half-decade to really get back to where we should be. But after this summer and these three matches (I don't think it really matters how badly we do vs. Liverpool), United doesn't even seem to have a real plan in place for the future. At least Arsenal seems to be grasping toward something.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
There are 4-5 players in United's starting XI that actually deserve to be in a United starting XI: Pogba, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, De Gea and maaaaaaaybe Martial depending on the players around him and his general disposition. And we just saw Maguire and De Gea make crucial, game-killing mistakes during this match against Palace.

Everyone else varies between squad player and waste. Like...what does Lingard even fukking do? McTominay? Come on, we all know Pogba can be pretty inconsistent at times, but people have to wonder why he can be so great for France and then have his performances vary so much with United. Maybe if he didn't have to do so much for the squad and had the opportunity to exercise his creativity more, then he might not get so much shyt. Watch the pundits say Pogba should've done more when he damn near created United's goal by himself.

I had an argument with a Mancunian ex-pat about whether Arsenal or Man U were in a worse position during the Champions League final, each of us arguing that our teams were worse off. I thought that because Arsenal had (and to an extent, still does have) so much to turn over in its squad that it would take nearly a half-decade to really get back to where we should be. But after this summer and these three matches (I don't think it really matters how badly we do vs. Liverpool), United doesn't even seem to have a real plan in place for the future. At least Arsenal seems to be grasping toward something.

Lost to Crystal Palace at home not Barca away. That is on the manager.