Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Thanks breh. I'll always prefer brehs talking anyway.
That guardian podcast once had an open tranny on there :scust:

That shyt really fukked with my head listening to yesterday's pod because I been listening to Paolo Bandini for years on there as the Serie A insider.

He's on ESPNFC too so I wonder how soon they'll let him back on TV. I can't imagine that show has the most tolerant audience.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
That shyt really fukked with my head listening to yesterday's pod because I been listening to Paolo Bandini for years on there as the Serie A insider.

He's on ESPNFC too so I wonder how soon they'll let him back on TV. I can't imagine that show has the most tolerant audience.

I had to take it back to make sure I actually heard it :russ:
Then anytime his voice came on, I was like :hhh:

He now wants to be called Nicky Bandini :deadmanny:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

:picard:

I had no idea about Paolo, I've kind of been off the football podcasts ever since Football Weekly/Totally Football split.

I used to listen to Men in Blazer as well but felt quality went down when they started their TV show.

Back in the day ESPN had a soccer podcast that was decent, don't think it even exists anymore, I just remember producer's name used to be Adam Williams :manny:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Sponsorship money

o5zoci19weg31.jpg

Serie A

u6e2dh5ze2i31.jpg

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Random thought - The emergence of the “Big 6” in the Prem does wonders for scheduling, marketinf and ensuring there’s always a “big game” every week.

In a given 38 game season, you have 30 meetings between a Big 6 club. You’re guaranteed pretty much 1 marquee game a week. Very good for promoting the sport and drawing neutrals.

Man U vs Chelsea
City vs Spurs
Liverpool vs Arsenal etc

When you toss in wild card teams like Wolves, Leicester and Everton you get very favorable scheduling.

Italy kinda has something as well with the 7 sisters so to speak (Juve, Milan, Inter, Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina, Lazio)

La Liga - 4.5 or 5 - Barca, Real, Atletico, Valencia, Bilbao (at home), possibly Sevilla, too