The Official Final Fantasy Thread

Favorite FF game?

• Total voters

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fresh off of FFVII Remake, it got me wanting to jump back into this franchise and play the ones I never beat(all of em cept FFVIIR).

I'm currently replaying the original FFVII on Retroarch using the Beetle HW core and some options that result in a pretty nice looking image. It's like i never played this shyt(I know I got up as far as a temple probably over 15 years ago) but I don't remember shyt else. I didn't remember none of the shyt in Junon or Mt.Corel. It's like I never seen it I only remembered Costa Del Sol.

I bought the Steam version and used it with some mods and it's nice and all but I think I prefer just using the original version cleaned up vs a modded game with all sorts of enhancements. I can switch back and forth though.

What's y'all favorite mainline FF?(US versions including the remasters) Top three.

Playing through FFVII R(hard mode) and the OG right now.

PSX version emulated through Retroarch Beetle HW core with various options high

Steam version modded with 7th Heaven
(only certain backgrounds are high quality like this)

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
got this on the vita , I know it’s a classic but I been bullshyttin getting started
You in for a treat :wow: tied with 6 for the best one in the series
I shouldn't be the only vote for FFVI. It's the best game in the series, and easily a top 3 JRPG this side of Chrono Trigger.
3 choices in poll. Voting for 6, Tactics, and 9. Waiting for op to update the poll:francis:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
great thread

I've played
some of 3
some of 12
Dissidia does that count?
and 9

my favorite is 6 I saw my brother played it and it's probably the best story.
7 is my favorite that I played though

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
9 has been my favorite for the longest. 7 remake is already top 3. I like 10 a lot more than most people I guess. :yeshrug: